Opinion of my older Snell E111's please -

I am Not tech savy, but purchase tech items at savy places and try and buy well. I have a pair of Snell E3's and am contemplating whether to sell or keep. Same prob a lot of people have, I have little room for these beauties.sigh. But I would be hard pressed to get a good sound for the $900.00 I orig paid for them , I think around 1989/1990:s. I actually don't know that much about the specifications on these speakers, as I cannot find the orig papers. Can I find out more about them somewhere? Even though they are older? I am going to price them,but your help there would help, too. Also, they need some touch up on the wood,and I'm not sure about the other parts, but they look fine and sound good. THANKS for listening, sites and audiophiles help a lot, so thanks ahead of time. Deb in fla
debbiebuster

Showing 1 response by rnm4

Can't speak for the EIIIs, but I really like the EIVs. I think these Snells are very underappreciated speakers. Unfailingly musical and full, and easy to drive. I agree that they're not the last word in revealing, but at their price point used, they are likely to be paired with electronics that would be ill served with extremely revealing speakers, like the Thiels I am currently using. I had Athena ASF2's, Maggie MMG's and PSB Image 5T's, all recently, and the Snell EIV easily bested them all in my system (YMMV). The Theil CS2 2 are better, but leaner sounding, pickier about amplification and set up, and more than twice the price.