Opera Audio Consonance ref 2.2 owners?

I just purchased an new Consonance 2.2. I am in the break in stage at this point. I like to get some feedback from some current owners if I could. What you really think of this player? Mine sounded horrible when first turned on.
Seems to be warming up nicely though.
I bought by the reviews I have been reading out here. All seem so positive. So far, the only complaint I have is they claim it has a solid cherry top. Mine has that light colored European hardwood that so many kitchen tables seem to be made of these days. Do any of you others owners have the same?

Thanks for any replies in advance.
johnymac

Showing 1 response by etbandit1083

G'day Johnnymac,

I too purchased my 2.2 from audio-lifestyle and have clocked on ~200hrs. Its a beautiful sounding cdp with an analog feel to it. My system utilises the 2.2 with the Denon 3802 AV receiver, a pair of Mission 773e floor standers and the osborn ref. silverlink interconnects. Out of the box, the 2.2 sounds harsh but it is quite sweat now. I just recently purchased Garry Cawsey's powerbox (Cawsey DOM) and currently burning it in. I noticed a fantastic improvement in the separation of instruments first off, although music now across more metallic, glassy and tad thinner, almost fatiguing at times. But i think its due to my amp being a AV receiver which leans more towards the upper frequences with the characteristic digital sound........I'd like to hear from 2.2 users who have coupled it to a valve amp. I'm hoping that the 2.2 will sound more warm and natural when coupled to a valve as opposed to a transistor AV receiver. Anyhow, definitely give a mains filter a go. It'll be worth it.

eT.