Open Floor Plan Listening Room

Hi All,

I have an open floor plan listening room. Any ideas on how to close off the room in order to improve lower frequency bass response?  I’m looking for room dividers that can be made to close off the space when I want to listen to music, but have aesthetic qualities and can be opened/closed easily.  The open plan consists of my living room and kitchen together at 45’ L x 17’ W x 10’ H.

The open section separating the kitchen/living is 15’ W x 9’ H.

I don’t have other room options in my home.

Any help appreciated.  Speakers are Apogee Duetta Signature.  I have moved them around to make a difference but still need to close off the room behind sitting area to get the lower frequency bass I desire.

TIA!
sandpat
Sandpat,
I meant you can check out my system here on Audiogon regarding the subs. The pictures will give you an idea of my space, so what my challenge was.
Kenny

I have a combination great room / kitchen also.  My room is actually 55L x 35W x 19H.  I added to Triad in wall subwoofers and it complements the rest of my system extremely well.  I also added a lot of acoustical panels down both sides of the room.  I did different colors and a pattern to appease my wife.  Unfortunately the panels are not at the speaker level which was not feasible.  However, I can say that they help a lot.  My system was Wilson Audio Duette 2's, Raven Audio Integrated Reflection MK2 tube amp, Lumin A-1 music streamer / dac.  Despite the large room the sound was still fantastic.  Subs do help!
Question.. pardon my lack of knowledge here- My setup is currently all XLR (balanced) cables. How do I wire for subs? Do I need separate crossovers or do some of these active subs have built in crossovers. If I were to go that route would the signal flowing out to the main speakers be compromised by the quality of the connectors/wiring at the subs?

What’s the best way to wire for subs without compromising on cable influences? I know, I know, many of you don’t believe cables make any difference but with planar speakers like these Apogees they are very sensitive to the cables used in the signal path.