Only Siltech can make gold-silver cables?

I guess Kharma does the same, but is outrageously expensive as well.
After doing my little cable shoot-out here I just wonder, why not more companies would experiment with a gold-silver alloy like Siltech? I know that gold by itself is not a good conductor and is not recommended for audiocables, but I speak of alloys and Siltech has proven, that a gold-silver alloy works marvelous.
So why can't more cable companies start experimenting with gold and silver alloys?
It cannot be the price of gold, can it? One gram of 24kt gold is about $12, so even if a company would use a whole ounce of gold per pair of interconnetcs, we still are not talking more than $400 of pure material costs.
Imagine a company getting this right like Siltech, but only charging a third of the price. I can see this company selling huge quantities of cable.
Now I think, that the cable manufacturers have not waited for a guy from Germany to suggest such a thing, so there must be a few obvious reasons, why only Siltech does use gold, which I have clearly overlooked.
Maybe the more technical savvy people here can answer such a question.
tekunda

Showing 1 response by doug28450

Tekunda, go to Vantage Audio, www.vantageaudio.com. I recently changed from Transparent Audio cables to the Vantage Audio Level 10 interconnects. Good Luck, :~) Doug