Onkyo ND-S1 vs Wadia 171

Hi there. Please, could you tell me sincerely, whats the difference from Onkyo ND S1 iDock and Wadia 171? I know Wadia costs more than double but what about the sound quality? I got a hi end stereo system and would like to transport my Ipod musics to my DAC. Let me know if the sound quality of the Wadia is much better or not.RegardsRicardo
Hi there.I'd like to buy a Ipod transport to connect to my Wyred 4 Sound DAC .Please, could you guys tell me whats the difference from Onkyo ND S1 iDock and Wadia 171? I know Wadia costs more than double ( almost 3x) but what about the sound quality? I got an W4S integrated, pair of Elac BS 244 and a DAC 1 upgrated. Let me know if the sound quality of the Wadia is much better or not.
Is there any other option ?

Regards
Ricardo
ricardovasco
Get the new Arcam DrDock. Better specs (lower jitter spdif transciver - Wolfson 8804), better finish and cheaper.
I haven't heard either transport. I tried the older Wadia and hated it. It sounded fine, but it was a pain the the butt to control. Some iPods' click wheels don't work, sometimes the iPod had to be removed and re-inserted, etc. A disaster IMO.

I returned it and bought a gen 1 Apple TV, which is pretty much a 160 gb iPod with optical output. There's not very many of those around though. The new ones don't have an internal hard drive.

A lot of people use the Pure i20 (I think that's the model number). I've heard several say it sounds better than the Wadia. It costs $99, so I don't think you could go wrong. I'd look into that if you're considering all your options.
Thank you guys! I don't know if the Arcam DrDock is compatible to my system ( W4S integrated + W4S DAC 1 upgrated). I will check that.

What about the Pure i20? Does it have a good sound? Is it better than Wadia 171 and Onkyo ND-S1000?

Regards
I tried the Onkyo ND-S1, Wadia 170 and the PURE i20. Sold the Onk and Wadia. The Pure with a NOS DAC is a giant killer but most won't believe it. My ears tell me otherwise.