onkyo A 9555 help ASAP

I just both this unit in an unopened box on audiogone,
When I turned on it does but not sound or any feeling of heat making me think is working, the pure direct stays yellow and loudness as well, the input selector maintain all f them light up from CD to MD, the other half is not.
Basically it's all it does,I am frustrated with this purchase.
Any of you know this amp well enough?
I am sure some of yo guys do, I would really appreciate your help,
Regards,
128x128mountainsong

When I turned on it does but not sound or any feeling of heat making me think is working, the pure direct stays yellow and loudness as well, the input selector maintain all f them light up from

Its really hard to read your thread. Please explain
Post removed 
Elizabeth, the op says he bought it on Audiogon. Therefore, there's no "just take it back."

Mountainsong, if I understand you correctly you just got the Onkyo and the unit does not produce sound and only some of the lights on the unit work. If I got the meaning of your post correct, you need to let the seller know that you have a non-working unit and return it to the seller for a refund. Email or call the seller right away.
You posted a thread on April 15th saying that you purchased an Onkyo 9555 for a friend and were looking for speakers. Are you referring to the same purchase?

Rich
I contacted him, he just said to review the manual that some units with standby can be a little goofy in how they operate!
Its true i bought if for a friend that waited for me for my school break to open the box and get some speakers as per advice on audiogone.
it has been a very fustrating saturday cause i encouraged my fried to buy this amp and now i feel i can probe him bad luck and so on.
unit basically power lights on but nothing more, i contacted onkyo they suggested to bring it to repair authorized place, but in this case i will have to pay cause i did not purchased from an authorized dealer.
not a good saturday.

regards to you all.
Go to page 14 of the manual and go through the steps to turn on the unit. See if it helps. Attached is the Onkyo 9555 manual .

Rich
Hopefully you paid with PayPal, so ship it back to the seller for a full refund, including the initial shipping. Yes, you will be out the return shipping but it will waste no more of your time.