onkyo 805 vs 806

i heard there are a few differences, such as codecs being burr browns vs 806's different cirrus i believe. I was going to do a pre/ with an amp but an audiogoner has steered me this way? Which unit is better both can be had used? Which comes with better features?
athens14

Showing 4 responses by cruz123

http://www.onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=TX-SR805&class=Receiver&p=s

Here's the spec sheet for the 805. On the drop down list on the left, you can pull up the spec on the 806 for comparison. I have the 805, which is a prior model. One thing I immediately noticed is that the 805 is almost 15 lbs heavier that the 806. So the 805 is a significantly beefier machine, for what thats worth. On the other hand, the 806 has two extra HDMI inputs (5 vs. 3) if that's important to you.
Blindjim, yes, I use the Audyssey for the EQ, but usually set my volume levels with an SPL meter after I run the Audyssey. I have found that Audyssey gets the levels pretty close, but typically need a bit of tweaking, especially the sub. Otherwise, the Audyssey works great, IMO. I have not used separate amps with the 805.
Athens, IMO, the Audyssey EQ works great on the 805.

Dlcockrum, thanks for the distinction. I just didn't want the OP to get the impression that Audyssey was not included at all in the 805.