onkyo 805 vs 806

i heard there are a few differences, such as codecs being burr browns vs 806's different cirrus i believe. I was going to do a pre/ with an amp but an audiogoner has steered me this way? Which unit is better both can be had used? Which comes with better features?
athens14

Showing 4 responses by athens14

thats what i was thinking too, the 805 sounds like a better machine overall, minus some features that dont matter to me such as the other zones since i will only be in one room
i saw these. i am bidding on the one you originally sent me DL, thanks for all your help. So is the audyssey on the 805 not that good is what im hearing???
ok well thanks for the clarifications...you have been a huge help! Now for one last question, is this the best i can do used in that used price range for the features i am looking for? I just received an offer for my marantz sr7400 for 275 split shipping...is that a good offer, i counter with 315 shipped. I am using the money from that along with my previous sale of my marantz sr 7000 to fund this pruchase. thank you for all your help everyone.
Also, any suggestions on rear surrounds for the HT. I am really looking hard into some used ADP's from paradigm. Will those fit the snells i currently have in front? (E3 and HCC-500) However i have seen some new dipoles on ebay for cheaper. Dont know the name could possibly be awful speakers JW if anyone has exprience with them.
Cheers, TJ
i think my center is fine.. it is an older snell and its a beast sounds very nice. Not too much info thouhg about it on the web, HCC 500. I really only listen to music on 2 channel i dont like multi channel audi unless its a concert dvd my hunt for the 805 begins!