One turntable with two arms, or two turntables with one each - which would you prefer?

Which would you prefer, if budget allowed: one turntable with two tonearms or two turntables with one each? What would your decision criteria be?

And the corollary: one phono preamp with multiple inputs or two phono preamps?

Assume a fixed budget, but for the purposes of this question, the budget is up to the responder. Admittedly for this type of setup, there will be a sizeable investment once all components of the chain are factored in.

I'm curious to hear how people would decide for themselves the answer to this question. Or maybe you've already made this decision - what do you like about your decision or what would you differently next time?

Cheers.

dullgrin

@duramax747 You have a very long experience with Densified Wood and have potentially seen it evolve to the production methods used today.

When I first started to learn about Densified Wood and the applications it is selected for, one memorable info' is that the development has now about a100 years of history. 

I have no doubt, there is a noticeable value to be had from producing a Rack, I have seen owners with a 'stash', start using their Plinth Blanks as Sub Plinths after my introducing them to the positive effects of it combined with a P'holz Plinth.

As stated on previous occasions, it has really been an attractive addition with suspension footers under a few other TT's and Digital Source.  

There are Companies asking for up to a £1000 for a P'holz Sub Plinth, even more if a swirly rebate is milled into it. I am confident my Water-Stained Blanks are as good; the surface markings have a real impact on SQ 😎.

You are fortunate to have a ready access to the materials, in the UK, P'holz has almost stopped being imported, at present a source of importer of a full board is not known. I may have been the last person to import a full board.  

Have you any knowledge of Dynawood, as this is looking to be quite common in the US. 

In motorsports engineers do not like to try other things if what they have works. 

We create our own densified wood to our specs. We consolidate it at a higher psi and are hold times are longer. 

This makes it even more stiff and rigid. 

@syntax 

Why are you posting here - this is the thread for those who think a bit of floobydust and magic material will turn their Thorens 160, Garrard sp25, Teac into the best TT on the planet - bar none.

Some wag here thinks panzerholz is hard - on my CNC machine it is so soft it cuts like butter. Engineered quartz cuts like butter too - these materials are epoxy in reality. 

But what do I know - I've machined, drilled, cut, tapped,  CNC'd both.

Corian was trialled by a few TT guru's back in the 80's and never took off. Maybe this is for the baby boomers who want the 80's back along with their bell bottomed jeans and paisley Viyella shirts.

Now compare this to $16000 pounds for a phono cable from LFD that has a lovely electrostatic inducing plastic shroud, big chunky metal connectors so those micro wires know what a real man looks like and contains an assortment of different wires based on listening over 30 years, and of course they can voice them for you - you can have Freddy Mercury on helium, or Dolly Parton sound like Nat King Cole - now thats a real audio high end product.

Panzerholz is a material like any other. It has it's uses in places which require good rigidity and high damping, like tonearm wands for low compliance cartridges and turntable motor boards. No magic, just engineering.