On the fense: PrimaLuna ProLogue II or Jolida 302

please help me decide which to get. I will run it with a pair of Tyler Acoustics Taylo Ref. monitors and a Jolida CD player. I mostly listen to blues, jazz and some rock.
gretsch6120
Gretsch:

Have you listened to either or both amps? Also, what type of amp are you transitioning from? I purchased a Prima Luna Prologue 2 sight unseen, but it was my first tube amp in 30 years and it was also being used in a secondary system ... so, I did not view it as a risky move. Fortunately, the Prima Luna turned my head around completely and I have since replaced the Musical Fidelity A300 power amp in my main system with a Prima Luna Prologue 5. I posted a review of the Prologue 2 here .

In addition to the nuance, musicality, and emotion that the Prima Luna adds to the experience, there is also no maintence involved as there is an auto-biasing circuit. I have paired the amp with 3 different speakers (Acoustic Research 302's; NHT SB2's; and Omega Super 3's) and each time the speakers were brought up a clear notch.

I don't know anything about the Jolida, other than what I have read here. I am a big Prima Luna fan and have no intentions of going elsewhere.

Regards, Rich
I had Cary/AES Six pacs with a AES DJH preamp, that I LOVED! But . . . needed some cash to buy a new guitar, so I want to buy a integrated amp. These two fit my budget. I have not heard either amp.
I recommend the Primaluna Prologue Two. You'll be quite suprised at the sound and build quality of this amp. I had a Manley Stingray for about 8 mos. which I loved and regreted selling. But after hearing the PL2..I was thrilled with its sound.The stock tubes are quite good. Later, you can roll some KT-88's and change out the 12AX7/12AU7's with some fine sounding NOS types, which I found changed the sound for even better. I highly recommend one!...Best of luck!//Ken
You can't go wrong with the PrimaLuna Prologue Two. Another recommendation here!
The Jolida 302B can be had brand new for $750, including shipping! The PrimaLuna is $1345, $30.00 for shipping. That is a $625 difference. I decided to try the Jolida.
Post back on how it sounds. Those 2 amps are on my short list.

Thanks.

Boss302
Gretsch, it's not quite correct the price ot the Jolida 302b to the Prologue II. The Prologue One which uses EL34 tubes is a much better comparison. I can't say much about the sound but, The Prologue has a slightly better finish and built quality. The Jolida is nicely upgradeable by many companies (Response, Partsconnexion, Verastarr etc. ).

I loved my Jolida - worked well for me with many different monitor speakers. For big, standspeakers I might consider going with a KT88 tube amp though for the tighter bass.

What speakers are you using?

Good luck,

Rene
I would agree about the finish quility of the Jolida, while I have not received my 302b yet, I have a Jolida CD player, great sound, OK fit and finish. Currently I have a pair of Tyler Acoustic Ref. Monitors. I will post back once I have listened to the Jolida 302.