On a budget 802N or 803D??? Dealer says 803D.

I'm on a budget and interested in upgrading from Paradigm 100's to B&W 802N or 803D. Room size is 14 by 26 with 10 foot ceilings. Sitting approximatly 16 feet away. Will use them for home theater and two channel. Using five channel Parasound 2205, 220 watts per channel. May consider upgrading to Classe amp. Dealer is suggesting 803D's. I'm thinking and loving the looks of 802N's. Which one would you suggest and why. Your help is truely appreciated. Thanks Audiogoners!
fathertime
This is a tough decision that I also have been considering. The 803D definately has a better top-end and may also image better due to its narrower front baffle and slimmer cabinet. The midrange seems like a tie, though Dealers claim that it's clearer/more detailed and not as coarse as in the Nautilus series. The bass goes plenty deep but probably not as deep as the N802 but it is tighter, Dealers claim better overall bass response from 803D. The smaller foot-print of the 803D will make it an easy fit in most rooms, plus I believe that it's easier to drive due to a more amplifier friendly impedence curve vs the N802 which has a well known reputaion for being somewhat difficult to drive. I've come across 803D Demos for close to $6K which is a very good deal considering that a pair of well used N802s with shipping will run you $5K. As far as looks, the 803D in Black looks very impressive as does the N802, though the look of a one-piece, all-wood cabinet might be a better asthetic fit in more rooms than the Nautilus head design. I'm sure that you will have no regrets either way since both of these models are capable of performing well beyond the capacity of most rooms and electronics.
Thanks for your input everyone. Great ideas from both sides of the camp. Currently using Denon 3801 as a preamp, Parasound 2205 as amp, Marantz 9500 as DVD player and cd, Monster Cable Signature AVS2000 power conditioner and a Signature HTS 5100. Dedicated 20 amp line. I agree Paradigm's are a good bang for the buck however they seem to lack over all especially in midrange and upper frequency. The 802's do have a special look compared to 803's. My wife says they look like little people from outer space(robots). You've got to love it. Ha! Ha! Thanks in advance for your input.
I used the 802N for 6 years and 3 months. When I heard the 802D, I knew the diamant tweeter is a big step compared to the older one and also the rest of the speaker. At the end I bought the 800N's because the tweeter was also a lot better than the one in the 802N. And 10 inch bassunits have a much more authority and a better sound than the 8 inches of both the 802n's ans 802d's. With all respect, your equipment is of a very much lower quality compared to a pair 802N's or 803D's. What you put in, will come out. People still make this fault to often. The 803D is in your situation a better choice. But for both you need better input. And that counts for every part in your system. I understand you have to start somewhere, but never forget it.
Putty, I agree. Classe Amps are great match with B&W Nautilus speakers. You need at least 250W, 300W and above to be optimal, with B&W Nautilus.
I am using a pair of Classe CAM-350 with my N802.

ldk