old revels vs new revels

hi, does any one have experience with the old vrs new revel sound, can you please say what the differences are in between them ? thanks , chrissain
chrissain
I definitely preferred the new ones in all ways except, as I wrote, for their more "ordinary" appearance. I have not heard the F52 for any useful time.

Kal
ok, I now have the studio 2s in my listening room on loan from a friend. I have to say in some ways they are better than my f32s, but are less forgiving, and less warm sounding than the f32s. its very suprising how different they are voiced. you would not think they are from the same company ! I have to say, unless there is something wrong with this pair, they are not worth over 4 times the cost. i was much mor impressed with the salons, they seem to be a much better speaker than the studio 2s, almost like all the time and effort and r&d went into the salons , and the studios were an after thought. could this possibly be? i used to love the sound of the old studios, a very good speaker. right now I think i would rather have the old ones vrs the new ones, but this is not the case for the salons. maybe its a system mismach, i dont know. post more later. chrissain
bump, salon is full range v1 or v2. The f32 just might be voiced to go deeper than the studio 2 but the newer ultimas are more particular to source equipment. I just bought a pair of salon v1 and sold my f52 in favor of the salons, reason? my affordable electronics play nicer with the massive salon1 than the f52 go figure.
IMO the Salon 2's are the gold standard of the 20k speaker range. No doubt there are strong competitors that will be different but can't imagine better. Just my opinion. 

IMO the Salon 2's are the gold standard of the 20k speaker range. No doubt there are strong competitors that will be different but can't imagine better. Just my opinion.