Old Audioquest cables

Anyone holding on to their old Audioquest cables? My twenty-year-old silver-surfaced copper AQ Lapis RCA interconnects are still working brilliantly. There is indeed something to be said here of high quality that seems to last forever.
128x128jon2020

Showing 35 responses by bo1972

Fake sounds like shit, they use steel or cheap copper. Same answer; use your own ears and choose for the best sounding cable. How easy it can be!
I judge cables for their quality and sound. I don't F. care
which technique they use. I am only interested in those audio
tools which give me the best results possible. That is why a
brand for me can be changed for another brand when it gives a
better endresult.

Audioquest has a big advantage over almost any brand at this
moment. Over time things can change. Because time and
technique go on and on.

Audioquest has done a lot of research and this had paid of.
Many other brands ( Like MIT and Kimber) have been sleeping.
How stuppid you can be!
What do the 'extra' airtubes do? Because this is the thing
that really matters.....

They are more open sounding, but the biggest difference is
that you get a sharper physical individual focus of
instruments and voices. This makes listening to music more
exiting.
I started to work in audio in 1998.I remember those cables very well. I owned the Diamond+ loudspeakercable at that time. This was the topmodel they had at that time.

To be honest we live in another world now regarding audio and cables. The latest cables of Audioquest are superior in timing and accuracy. The airtubes of the new Audioquest interconnects give a much sharper individual focus of instruments and voices.

I would not even want them for free in my set!
Audio is much more simple guys! It is all about comparing. And the best and most convincing cable is the best. And yes Audioquest uses sometimes the same material in different cables. It is as it is.

I sold many Audioquest cables at clients who also had cables of competitors. The new series like the Water and Fire are really great for the money.

Audio shootouts are the most fun thing in audio. Just use your own ears, it never will be more easy!!
Pssssssssssssssssssssst..........be very very careful. You don't
want to loose the air of the tubes. You will get a flat sound!!
:)
You can choose for an upgrade......extra thick transparent tube around the cable. And you never will loose any air!!!!
You have to read better, they are difficult to stop. So you see hoe easy it is to sell fake cables.

I see that his website in Germanay has been changed a lot.I guess they warned him. But at Audiomarkt.de he still sells fake cables.
You always need to buy Audioquest from dealers. I can see by
photos if they are real. For customers it can be hard to judge.
The chinese people are good in making copies. They use very low
quality material inside. When you are not sure, don't buy it. Or
send an email to Audioquest. Use your common sense.
When you think you can buy AQ for extrme low prices, use your head. Buying cables at dealers is the way to go.

I did some research in the last 2 years in fake cables. Those chinese make every brand you name. It is not only AQ, Norost, Kimber, Purist Audio, Transparent and many more. You find the chinese companies who make them very easily on the internet. I also found the people who sell them. I call them Satan people. They need to be destroyed!
In Germany there is an internetshop who sells many fake cables.
It is difficult to stop them. It is getting a sick world. They
ask 2000 euro for a fake Wild Blue Yonder. But they buy it for
about 250 dollar in China.

They also sell fake Kimber, Transparent and Nordost. Audioquest
is already on it. AQ told me that it is difficult to stop
them.
I write very fast, and mostly don't read it back. My apologizes for the mistakes.

They sell it for 8-10 times the price they have to pay to the chinese. They can't say; we didn't know they were fake.
When a dealer would sell fake cables he would be a very big
Satan. I hate every single Satan in this world. I call them
failing people!
There are enough authorised dealers who send all over the world. Enough options for everyone. You always can contact AQ if it is an authorised dealer.
When I saw the German webside I informed AQ,Jim from Purist
Audio and Nordost. I did send them all the details and the
websites were you can buy it in China. Now 7 months later I see
that they changed their website. So it paid of. I even think
they see me as their Satan. Hahahahahahaha....F'm all!
"I've been wondering how many of these "fake" cables are simply cables that have been smuggled out of a legitimate factory. This is a risk AQ, Kimber and the rest took when they moved manufacturing offshore. "

Noooooooo, you don't understand it. In China they make the whole cable them selves. We are talking about the outside and the inside togheter. The outside is looking very similar. But inside they use steel or cheap copper.
I saw many Chinese cables which were not the originals. I understand what you mean. But that is a serious problem. Who you can thrust......
It is Ruby. It is a different world now. In the past I sold the Ruby's. They are a lot better in blacks and timing. And they also give a sharper individual focus.
I owned and sold the older AQ in the past. But the latest oens are a lot better in timing and black level. Beside this they give a much sharper individual focus of instruments and voices. I would not want to go back to the old ones.
I sold and owned AQ for a long period. In 2010 I bought Kimber select interconnects. But I had to wait before they arrived. So I lend some AQ interconnects. Mann......I was surprised how good they were ( I sold the Kimber interconnects directly in a few days). More accurate compared to the older ones I used and sold in the past. After this I bought many. At this moment I have for over 40.000 euro AQ in my system. The rest is about 18000 euro for Purist Audio powercables and a conditioner.

I love them. Every single cable I bought I first tested before I bought it. This never will change. You need to be very demanding before you buy a new toll for your set.

These days I sell many AQ cables from the cheapest ( Slip) till the Wel Signature. In every single cabel you will find the same properties. You always know what you can expect.
I owned the older cables in the past, I prefer the newer ones far over the old one. I don't have any idea how they test and compare them.
I am only interested in the best, when something would be inferior I could never sell it. Because I have the freedom to choose everything I want. My focus is always on those products which can give me the best endresults.
Audio is all about comparing. Thrust your own ears, it is that simple. I prefer the new ones far over the older ones. When another person is more happy with the older ones, it is his own choice. So who cares!

Audio always will be a personal matter. You are the only one who can make your own choice what you prefer. That is the thing that counts most!
Audio is about facts and the best endresults. That is why the best and most convincing sound in audio alway will win. This is how audio should be used. Other people have to proof that they can create a higher endresult. At the end every single person wants to have the best sound for the money they spend. You need to give the maximum in results. Sometimes things are that easy!
Even for you Woolfy!
I sell most cables during shootouts. I only give people options. The make the decision, not me.

I prefer comparing in audio. I always say to people to take their time. I test a lot, and choose those tools which work out very well.

I don't sell the more expensive powercables of Audioquest, because in my world they are not gooed enough. It is not about the brand. Audio is about what is best in every single price range.

Woolfy you don't even know me. You don't know anything about my goal in life. My goal is to start a foundation for those who have no chanche to create a better life.

Money never has been my focus in life, not for myself.
You are the one who is talking bullshit. You are the one who thinks and says to know everything. You are the one who is just a F. amature. Who is talking bullshit?
Audio is all about comparing. Every single company has the same options and freedom to use it. You need to use it at the max.

When you use brands who offer a better value for money, it becomes more easy to sell. Because people prefer the best for the money.

Beside this you need to use your knowledge and insight to create a better endresult compared to your competitors.

When you use audio precise the best and most convincing sound will win. And others need to proof the opposite!
When I was 6 I got a Philips stereo tape recorder with tubes from my dad. and I started to record from the radio. I was so happy with my own recroding music. And yes it is all about music. Music is my biggest passion. And it always will be. These days I go to concerts and I spend for about 250 euro to new music.

Yesss audio is a peroonal matter and it always will be. But.....
you still can influence the overall sound to a much more more exiting level. I owned many expensive stuff in the last 16 years of time. But I wanted to give more people the same exiting level what I already had.

When the sound becomes more musical ( invloving) people get more exited. This is a part were you can influence all people very easily. I also focus a lot on a physical 3 dimensional stage. Because this is the most thrilling part of good highend.

When you give a 2 dimensional demo and after this a 3 diemnsional demo you see how big the difference is in reaction of people. When I give a physical 3 dimensional demo, I can send these people to all different shops I want. They always will come back laughing. I do this for almost 8 years of time now.

These competitors have the same options to get the deal as I have. But they are not able to get the same feeling for my clients as I can create.

Women have a better developed hearing than men have. But men are more interested in audio. But when you demo a good level of audio to women it all changes. Many of my clients their wife uses the audio set individual. Because they like music as well.
This is no bullshit, this is about facts. This is all about comparing. You can demo your sound against the sound of other shops. It is that simple. This is what clients can compare.

They have the freedom to choose. You would be a F. mongol to choose for 2 dimensional sound. When you hear 3 dimensional sound you never will go back.
Last week I did a presentation on a show with the new Gold series of Monitor Audio with a Onkyo TX-NR3010. This was in an open space. Normally it is almost impossible to get a good sound and individual focus.

At 7:30 I had a chance to measure the room with my way of Audyssey. The endresults were mind blowing. The overall sound was very musical. But the physical stage was something what is very difficult to create in an open room.

I started to sell 3 dimensional sound for good prices in 2007. I sold a lot Monitor Audio with Primare amps and sources those days. For good highend sets this 3 dimensional sound is a more
common thing. But in the lower price ranges it is in many situations 2 dimensional.

https://www.facebook.com/bobby.kingma/media_set?set=a.10155329204160083.1073741863.588405082&type=1&pnref=story

take a look at the link when you use Facebook.
In the second half of 2014 I bought 2 pair of Audioquest Wel Signature.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155291525295083&set=ms.c.eJxdzrENwEAIQ9GNIsAGH~%3BsvdlGkFNBQPPERbp4Z7WnqNDt4~%3BJd4Z04p~_BKpZ4Wi5g5dWAJoViTPklIt6bOqRMe8XKglCn4fXln3LsA~-.bps.a.10155291507885083.1073741856.588405082&type=1&theater

It gave me a lot more height of every single recording. You don't need dolby Atmos for this. I play 4-5 metres in depth, 1.5m.-2m beside and more than 0.5m higher than my speakers stand. The ribbontweeters even place the soundstage in front of the speakers. This give it a huge stage. You can call it 4D. But I prefer to use the word 3D. You can call it what you want. At the end it is all about the soundstage you hear!
I don't care about what they use, the endresult in sound is what counts most. Cables you judge on the sound quality they give to you.

When you compare the AQ with and without the DBS72v, there is a clear difference. This is what counts for me.

Better timing, better blacks, sharper individual focus and more dynamics.If it gives me the best results, I really don't care what the technique is.