Okay to use RCA adapter on a fully balanced amp?

Not a XLR is better or RCA is better question BUT if I have an amp (Digital Amplifier Co) that is fully balanced and only has XLR inputs, if you use a converter and go RCA from a Preamp, are you losing out in quality?

Here is something from audioholics and their review of one of their amps - 

"The MEGAschino is a true fully balanced differential amplifier from input to output. It is essentially two  amps for each channel, and one amp per phase. This means it really should be used in a fully balanced system.The manufacturer supplies an XLR to RCA adapter, but these should not be used. If a balanced connection cannot be used, note that the amp cannot be driven to full power from a 2-volt single-ended output, the limit of most receivers."

blkwrxwgn

Another option is to use a Schiit EQ (Lokius or Loki Max). Plug an RCA from the preamp into the EQ input and use the EQ output XLR to go to the amp. It will convert to balanced output voltage. The EQ is probably a lot quieter that an RCA/XLR adapter, plus it has a transparent bypass if you don't want to use the EQ to tweak your system.

true fully balanced differential amplifier from input to output.

@blkwrxwgn , you should be able to drive the amp single-ended using an adapter. I would expect that your amplifier would sound the same driven balanced or single ended based on the statement above.

@blkwrxwgn , you should be able to drive the amp single-ended using an adapter. I would expect that your amplifier would sound the same driven balanced or single ended based on the statement above.

I trust your judgment, It's also not my final amp, there will be upgrading and I'm sure not all will be fully balanced.

Here’s the part that concerns me about this amp possibly not having a "true" differential input, despite earlier verbiage:

If a balanced connection cannot be used, note that the amp cannot be driven to full power from a 2-volt single-ended output, the limit of most receivers. You leave half the power on the table.

Maybe it’s a real differential input and the amp simply has a very low sensitivity that requires more than 2 Volts to hit its full rated power output (i.e. use a single ended preamp with some gain, or a DAC with some extra gain, and you’re golden). Or maybe it actually DOESN’T have a differential input, and half of the amp’s 4 phases will be sitting at 0 whenever you use RCA-to-XLR adapters.

We’re trying to derive precise meaning from their verbiage, which could be either partially erroneous or easily misinterpreted. I’d contact the company for clarification.

I just received my Orchard Audio Starkrimson amp today and this is what I purchased with it to convert the balanced to unbalanced and it also supplies an extra 8db of gain

Stereo RCA to XLR Converter (orchardaudio.com)