'' Okay let me ask my digital question in another way ''........

Hello Audiogoners  - I hope all is well and I will try and ask my digital question in another way. Has anybody ever added a MUTEC Ref 10 SE 120 Master clock to their Esoteric K-01XD CD player and what were the results ? The reason that I ask is the Esoteric player will accept both a square wave and sine wave signal from an out board master clock. The MUTEC is a only a square wave signal and the optimum scenario would be to have both players on the same wave siganl. It can work both sine and square but I need to know how did it sound ???? Thank you all and stay safe.    
garebear
Mutec you're looking at has OXCO clock, oven controlled oscillator, this is superior to TXCO in my switch, My dac runs OXCO clock for usb input. Widely varied opinions on clocks leads me to suspect there can be possible overuse of clocks in individual systems. Result is an excess of image, sound stage precision, in my case, loss of spaciousness, airiness. In real life, individual performers or images blend into one another. Image quality of my system sans switch/clock replicates this, With switch/clock in system, its like individual performers in segregated anechoic sound booths .
YMMV
Broadly speaking, a square wave output tends to be more stable. It's inflection points are more clearly defined.  With a sine wave the clock often cannot always  pick the exact same inflection points.  However, as usual 'it depends'. So you need more research.

I have just bot a great square wave cybershaft based clock that outputs to all 4 items in my digital system. The result is staggering, so don't give upon this search.  It was from afterdark and outputs both word clock to my dCS NB and 10M to the other components. Prices way more real world than mutec.

I would suggest you post your query on on the audiophilestyle forum....there are many, many pages that refer and qualified users who are extremely helpful.  Another useful resource is the Hong Kong afterdark site.  Confusing but lots of info.

By the way, I had just about decided to stop posting here as there are so many flatearthers on this site who are very rude about subjects they have no clue about...and then along comes your question!

Best wishes with your search.
Garebear,  go to the "What's Best In Audio" site, where there is an Esoteric owners forum and also a digital forum with clock discussions among guys who spend a lot of money on their systems.  You will find your answers there. 

Good morning Goners ; Aubreybobb thank you so very much and I am smiling at your response as the typical '' thread locusts '' here on Audiogon and we know who they are have not responded to this question(s).

SNS  - thank you again as well....

Hello ; djones 51 and BINGO ! That is why I am here with this question. Esoteric notes that the K-01XD accepts sine waves but it has also noted that it can also accept a square wave. Hence, my confusion. I am still looking into that situation and you hit the nail on the head. To me ; if the MUTEC's output is a square wave signal then the CD player receiving that 10 hmz signal should also be set up to accept a square wave...…. they should be compatible and as SNS have talked, there 's where you could run into an issue with adding a clock if there are two different signals. .        

So my question is - '' has anybody out there added a MUTEC Ref 10 or Ref 10 SE 120 to an Esoteric K-01XD CD player and what where the sonic results '' ?  Thank you …….