Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Just a heads up and preview...  The Ohm Walsh 2000s continue to amaze me.  I am making progress in sorting out some system issues that have been plaguing me since last fall.  Although I am not completely out of the woods, I have made some progress.  Part of all of this was a serious upgrade of my amplifier.  Once again, the 2000s have responded wonderfully to upstream upgrades.  Even though I am using a temporary crossover to my subs that lacks transparency, I have been enjoying a huge, and I mean huge, increase in dynamic range, fine detail, expanded soundstage dimensions, clarity (especially in the treble range), extended decays of notes, better "continuousness" and a better disappearing act than ever before in the 9 years I have owned them.  My system is now on an entire new level, and competitive with much, much more expensive rigs.  I couldn't be happier, and I expect things will be even better once all of my issues are resolved, hopefully in a few weeks.  I will post here when this happens. 

I know John Strohbeen and the folks at Ohm want to demo their speakers with lower-priced gear at shows, since that is how most potential customers will use them, but, man, do these things really shine with better electronics.  My preamp alone listed for ~30% more than the 2000s.  The amp, if bought new, probably similarly priced.  Not a penny of this is wasted on the Ohms.  Really incredible.  
That is true of any decent speaker . The speaker is not the most important thing .
@schubert - I agree with you for the most part, but my previous speakers sort of hit a plateau at some point, where I felt that upgrades to my system, room, cabling, etc., were not really being reflected by the speakers.  That's why I got rid of them and bought the Ohms.  I felt that I had taken them as far as they could go.  Surely there are limits to the mismatch (money-wise) between speakers and gear.  You wouldn't put a pair of $40 speakers from Dayton Audio in front of a $50,000 system, for example.  Sure, they would sound as good as they possibly could, but that isn't very good.  Beyond a certain point, upgrading electronics begins to have deminishing returns with a given set of speakers. That experience is why I am so pleased with the Ohms, which do allow improvements in the system to produce better sound far beyond what I had thought was possible with them.  That's a prejudgement I erroneously made based mostly on their price.
Bondman agree with schubert but also know what you mean in the case of the OHMs specifically. I’ve been on a mission with many upgrades and tweaks in recent years to max them out and get the sound just right. Have not touched a thing in a couple years now and come home from dealers and show demos perfectly happy everytime. I did acquire a Chord Mojo DAC I use with that system sometimes now with Iphone or Ipad as source and that provides a slightly different windows on the music in every way compared to my older mhdt Constantine DAC which is also no slouch just different. I do enjoy the ability to hear differences in gear especially when it all sounds splendid. I’ve had the same experience in my second system (within its limits) with other quality speakers, Dynaudio, Triangle, even an old pair of tiny Boston A40s from the 1980s I refoamed a while back.
@mapman - Yup, that’s just it: Before my system soiled the bed last September, I really thought it could not get much better than it was, even if it wasn’t perfect (at least not without spending major cabbage). And yet, here I am enjoying not a minor or incremental improvement from a $900 upgrade to my amp, but a major, transformative improvement. Very cool.