Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Well, knock me over with a feather. I have been running my 2000s with a pair of Vandersteen 2Wq subs and M5-HP crossovers for a few years now, and loving it all. But Monday night, my amp messed the bed. So, I had to disconnect the speakers and subs, and run the 2000s directly off the amps in my cheap Pioneer AVR (VSX-1120K), with no subs. Figuring I should skip any serious stereo music listening and stick to background music and films, I put on the EDM channel on FiOS while I checked my email. Wouldn’t you know it! While the bass was not as powerful as with the subs, some of the EDM has really deep synth bass, but the visceral low bass was all there with the 2000s being run full range. It was really clean and well defined, too. Really amazing for a speaker of this size and price, especially with mediocre source gear and compressed audio.  It was good enough to make me look up from my email checking a few times and turn up the volume. I may have to repair or replace my amp, but the Ohms definitely stay!
Audio can be f*****g weird. I’ve got "world-class" tube gear and have been powering the Micro Talls with that. Until tonight- I hooked ’em up to a rather modest Onkyo home theater receiver, and damn, they sound better! Much better. Go figure.
Apologies to all for my last post.  The Onkyo was merely "different" and not at all "better."  I should know better, damn it.  Sorry.
I've had my Ohm cylinders for a little over 4 months now and wanted to share my thoughts with folks that already have Ohm speakers and those who may be interested in purchasing Ohm speakers.
I use the Dirac room correction software that comes with my pre-amp (receiver).
In my opinion, the room correction does wonders for Ohm speakers. Depending on the geometry of the listening room and placement of the Ohms in respect to the surrounding walls, the Ohms can sound a bit boomy, the room correction really cleans up and tightens the bass. On the high frequencies, the Ohm speakers are also a bit soft. When I looked at the frequency response curve, there is a clear drop beyond 10Khz,  which I bumped up a little in Dirac. I have compared the equalized vs direct signal on multiple occasions and the difference is very noticeable. The bass gets much much cleaner and the high frequencies also get "brighter". Overall, I would not want to use them as studio monitors but the Ohms certainly have a lot of good attributes. The soundstage and imaging of these speakers are flat out amazing. you can listen to very broad range of music genres with these speakers and it does an admirable job. In my opinion, these speakers really shine when you listen to live music recordings. A little bit of bass management and bump in the higher frequencies go a long way to make these speakers an absolute blast. I would also like to mention that I am by no means a seasoned veteran in audio gear critique. In total, I have had 7 pairs of speakers and the Ohms would definitely be my favorites so far.   
rodm - innteresting. Your post made me realize that when I hooked my 2000s up to that Pioneer AVR, I was using the Pioneer’s MCACC, Pioneer’s fairly effective room correction software. I normally do not have the Pioneer in the 2-channel chain, so stereo music listening is done without room correction. Hmm. You know, until this month, my system has been pretty much the same since 2011. Looks like some changes may be coming, provided I can find the funds.