Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Peter, thanks for all this engineering work. It is fun to "see" what is going on with these speakers. I concur that the mid-range can be attenuated in the Ohm-Walsh speakers. My 4XO speakers sound good, but the mid range needs some boosting to sound balanced. I have no trouble with the bass or treble.
Tomorrow Saturday I will also try to change the crossover frequency to 80-100hz cutoff 
to see if we can work the cone less hard and with that we can get some better mid/treble 
output should be interesting indeed....

Mr Ambien is calling so I better go.......🇸🇪

I’ll take the first stock Flat cheap tweeter I think.

You also should do some off axis measures if that matters for you. I’d like to know how the folded ribbon compares in particular.

Also have you seen the audio frequency response chart online? That would be helpful for assessing frequency deviations at certain frequencies with ear sensitivity at same and also how those relate to various instrument frequencies heard in music.
Good morning.....

Ill run a stepped frequency sweep from 20hz through 20khz that way we'll know
were it falters. I'll also will do some additional testing that I wrote about last night.
The dogs will hate me lol

Now it's eggs and espresso.........🇸🇪
How do you make five hours fly by fast.....

Man I love fiddling with stereo equipment. The smell of hot tubes, transistors and power supplies brings back memories from the mid
seventies when I was a spry teenager. I walk by the stereo shop on the way to school everyday and finally I decided to enter the inner sanctum of my dreams.....Ahhh that smell from the tubes, transistors and power supplies were intoxicating and with that  the beginning of a lifelong quest for better sound.

When I started to take apart 4/5k's it really wasn't because I didn't love the way they sound, but because I took apart the Micros.
The shock seeing the mess of a badly built speaker with parts so 
cheap rattled me, so my curiosity was peeked and the 4/5k project took a on a life of its own.
Today was an eye opener again, but in my infinite wisdom I decided to use a different software to measure the frequency response.
The software is great, but transfer the graphs in to a file that a human can see was another matter. So I am going to have to take 
pictures of the screen and then post them as soon as possible.

What new things did I learn today? How about the speaker measures better with more dampening in the cabinet. A little bit of EQ will go a long way for perfection. No output beyond 2.5k on the Walsh driver. A non resonant cabinet sounds better. And much more.
I manage to massage out a perfectly (or close to it) frequency response. The ribbon tweeter sounds and measures great even when I'm over 20 degree of to the side but not as great vertically.

I also believe an electronic X-over is a must for this design if you want to squeeze out maximum performance.

So that's how I manage to spend five hours nerding  out on drivers,
EQ's and acoustic sound dampening.......🇸🇪