Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Bondman,
Yes, the Heil tweeter begins at 850 Hz, and goes up to, well, I don't know exactly, but out of my hearing range. I imagine they rated them to 20k. Amazing upper-mids, crystal treble. But, perhaps because of that mid-range crossover point, the Heils did not have quite the lower-mids that the Ohms have. It's possible I'm not used to hearing that, and that's why the Ohms sounded a little fat down there.
As for bass, yes, that switch is a big help. Mapman, I read your discussion about the SubDudes. I, too, wonder if they'd work with these cabinets. This is the old pyramid cabinet, and it has a set of casters on the bottom. Do you guys have those on your speakers? My floor is a suspended design, carpeted plywood over two-by-fours, over a crawl space. My TT will pick up footfalls if I'm not careful.
It would be nice to find an affordable solution. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

sudont:  I also thought I might have been hearing the cabinets "sing" in the lower mids.  The cabinets of my 2000s do vibrate.  But I think I was actually hearing the hollow body of instruments like acoustic guitars, cellos, etc.  I would bet that John Strohbeen was well aware that inexpensive cabinets will resonate, and works with that rather than drive up costs by trying to prevent it.  Also, with the drivers sitting proud of the cabinet, I don't think a lively cabinet is as much an issue as it would be with typical dynamic speakers mounted on a baffle in a cabinet.

As for the floor, please note that my 2000s sit on a custom pair of Sound Anchors cradle bases.  These solid, heavy bases have three-point adjustable spikes and enabled me to level the speakers very easily.  They sharpened up the imaging and transients noticeably.  I think they cost me about $350 shipped.  Worth every penny.  That said, I use them on a carpeted cement basement floor, so YMMV.

I can't comment on the older models, but my Ohm 100s absolutely go towards the leaner, more articulate side through the bass region.  If anything, I'd call the bass ever-so-slightly over damped.  It's possible that a more recent model may better serve the OP's preferences.
Sudont I also have larger F5 series 3 Ohms.  Listening to them as I write.   I believe these are same cabs as yours, refurbed OhmF cabs on casters.  12" cans.  

These are are on foundation level in my home so no need to isolate those from floors like my smaller models with Walsh 2 cabs upstairs.  

It it looks to me like casters might just fit on subdude platforms.  I'd measure and determine for sure if considered.   Also of course you'd want to get the location right first then put speakers on platform. And lock castors.  

There res are other effective isolation products out there as well I'm sure but have not researched.   
On my Walsh 3's I got rid of the casters, I simply unscrewed them and replaced them with solid rubber footers. I made sure that the final height was the same as the casters for proper vent clearance. I won't say the difference was dramatic but the bass tightened up nicely and overall clarity seemed improved. The speakers are more stable now and in my opinion  better looking.