Ohm Walsh 2000s vs Vandersteen 2Ces

Gonna purchase a new system shortly.

Integrated Amp (Luxman 505u or Bryston b135sst2).

I have already listed to the Vandys through the Bryston and love 'em.

Any opinions on the Ohm 2000 vs Vandersteen 2CesSig?
humbuster

Showing 1 response by martykl

I own Ohm 100s and have spent a lot of time with Vandy 2s of various generations (tho, admittedly, less time of late). Therefore, I can't speak to the specific models you inquired about, but I can offer two observations that IME apply to the "house sound" common to Vandy 2s and my Ohms.

1) Omni presentation is very distinctive. Based on my own experience, my guess is that this delta will probably overwhelm the other differences that you hear. If you love it, you'll probably prefer the Ohms. If you don't love it, you'll likely choose Vandy.

2) That said, the Ohms are decidedly leaner than Vandy tonally. There seems to be a pretty broad spectrum of opinion on what constitutes "neutrality" through the mid-bass around here, so - depending on where you fall in that spectrum - this one may be a deal breaker either way, as well.

BTW, I'd never characterize the Ohms as "veiled" relative to Vandy (nor would I argue the opposite). Both are pretty detailed, revealing speakers tho neither is as striking (to my ear, anyway) in that regard as the best I've heard.

Just MHO.

Marty