Oh My what to do?

So two months ago I bought a set of Swan 5.2F's and 5.2R's. One of the speakers has failed, as in the bottom woofer blew, and the top midrange and tweeter are not working properly. The dealer is saying there is little they can do, but refund my money, and is now offering PSB speakers as a replacement for my Swans. I am not familiar with the brand, so looking for some input, on what I should expect as a replacement for the Swans. I will miss the beauty of these Swans to say the least!
128x128oak244

Showing 5 responses by oak244

I ordered the PSB T's in Gloss Black to match my VMPS sub. I am keeping the Swan 5.2R's and may use them again for a second system. He He.. my way of getting two killer system. I will let you know how they match up once I have them.
So I have had my PSB's for 2 days now, and I have to say, I am glad the Swans went bad. The PSB's are so much better. The imaging is Insane! And I hear things in my music I have never heard before. The only bad thing is, Now I want better PSB's lol
Well I have already spoke to Swan, and he was aware of my problem, as he said, "I already know of your situation from your dealer, and am still looking for a way to fix this." That was over a week ago. I did buy the Swans as Demo's at a very good price. This may be why they don't want to ship out new ones. In turn my Dealer is saying he could get me a better deal on the PSB's and I could get some PSB T6's fora little less then what I paid for the Swans, or the PSB T's for a little more.
Well, Only 1 speaker is Blown, the other two play but at a very low db. If I have the Tone set to 0 on the left side, even having the right set at 10 is not as loud as the left. To me this has to be a crossover issue, and Swan says, they do not have replacement crossovers. At this point I am fed up with Swans service, so will be returning these and try out the PSB line instead