Offer / counter-offer? Audiogon rules

I am a seller. I receive an offer. I immediately counter-offer. The potential buyer declines it. Is the buyer still bound to his original offer for the orignal 48 hrs.?
128x128laughingrabbit
"Austinbob"  in
my area if another buyer offers a higher price then other potential buyer(s) have the right to match the new higher offer.  Not lock in at their (lower) price.  See this happening a lot lately-a bidding war.  

As to the original post:

NO.  There are no remaining obligations on either side.   You declined his offer.  Case closed.  Negotiations are over.    

You are free to re-engage but that is a different discussion.  
I have been on both sides of this fence. I like dealing with experienced Audiogon sellers because their listings are almost always fairly priced. If you want the item and it appears to be a fair asking price, why insult the seller by asking to accept less? The condition of the item plays a big part and you should expect to pay a premium for something that is a cut above the normal. I would suggest that rather than ask the seller to reduce the asking price, you should attempt to negotiate the shipping charges, as they can be substantial these days. If an item is obviously over-priced, by all means make an offer, but keep it reasonable, don't lowball. The seller may have something listed in the future that you really want, and you don't need for them to have a bad taste in their mouth over a past transaction. I feel Audiogon's policies on offers/counteroffers is about as fair as it can be.
Why ask opinions when you can simply email support?  They are incredibly timely in their response and will give you a definitive answer. 
Post removed 
I always list with the buy now only. If someone wants to make an offer they will email me and if I accept I will change the price and the deal is done. I’ve been selling here since 2004 and I have never had a problem doing it that way!