Of the B&W Signature 805 and the new 804S

Which are more suitable for me of the B&W Signature 805 and the new 804S? I own the Classe CP-50,CA-200 and the Arcam 23T. My room size is 14' x 18' x 10'. I listen to symphony,orchestral,concerto,chamber music,rock,jazz and pop mostly. My budget for speakers is used $3.6K.
kwangsuparkaa76

Showing 2 responses by s7horton

I've had both in my room. The signatures I owned twice, and the 804S's I had in my room for about two weeks. Your pre and power amp is suitable for both speakers. It really depends on what kind of sound you like. The bass from the 804S is pretty impressive, but the thing about the signatures is that the bass they provide is very accurate and clean, albeit, not as much as the 804S's. I prefer the look of the sig, and I personally feel they image better than the 804S.

Again, it's really a matter of personal taste. You will be able to pick up a pair of signatures with stands for less than the 804S. The 805S is almost as good as the signature (I've owned those as well). It's cheaper, but you don't get the nice finish. If you can live without it, and are considering the sig 805, I'd look give a listen to the 805S..
Joyjoycn, you may not talk about the finish, but I do. I'm not going to spend that kind of money and not have a decent finsh. Reviewers can say what they want, I've had both in my room. I know which I prefered.