Odyssey Kismet Reference series.

To anyone who has listened extensively to the Odyssey Kismet Reference series of amps, etc - how does the sound fair in comparison to a regular Stratos or the like?

128x128pts
So sorry to hear of these problems. I had a Stratos, upgraded to the Kismet for 7 years and it was extremely musical and reliable. There was never even a burp or fart from it.
Zero issues with mine for almost 2 years now. I'll have more Odyssey kit ordered in the coming months as well. Pretty excited.

Bummer it was a bad experience. I wish I could help somehow.
The kicker for me was when I called to tell him my original HT3 had died, he asked how old it was.  When I told him about 12 years, his reply was that of course, those caps only last about 10 years, and that I was lucky they lasted 12 years.  And this doesn't include the bad cap I had to replace when it was new.
I have a maxed out version mono set up, and same with the others, bass is amazing, incredible amount of power that you can sense. 
Kismet monos received a few weeks ago.

Hooked up, powered on, playing source for 2 weeks, huge difference with two weeks.

Sound signature is night and day, from day one until now.

better every few days, bass, midrange, always different every other day,
no bass, too much bass, midrange sloppy, perfect, etc etc,...... it’s nice to hear such a difference.

amps are amazing, service is amazing, knowing the owner is amazing, knowing the amps inside and out!

I’m stunned by the audio of these monos!
   Another 3-4 weeks, I’ll b in heaven!

Awesome!!!!
totally awesome!!,

build is amazing, parts are top tier, top cover opened, parts, are all first class, caps, toroid, sanken, and all board items are top tier high quality!

happy!!