Odyssey Kismet Reference series.

To anyone who has listened extensively to the Odyssey Kismet Reference series of amps, etc - how does the sound fair in comparison to a regular Stratos or the like?

128x128pts
I'm finally listening to my Kismet/Khartago stereo amp. It sounds fine, but it's been such a rocky road that it makes me angry to sit down in front of it. Covering the bright blue logo with electrical tape helped.
I ordered it in March, and was pleased to have received it in only five weeks. Less pleased when it had to return it due to a crackling/popping static in the right channel, and very irritated when I didn't get it returned for nine weeks, despite being assured it just needed a two-hour board swap.
A few weeks after I sent it in, I called Klaus to check on it, and he assured me I'd have it by the end of the week. In fact, every time I called over the next two months, he assured me it was almost ready, or sitting on the bench now, or all ready to go, and I'd have it in just a few days.
Eventually I got it returned, but not until I had already purchased a much cheaper amp to use in the meantime. I lost a lot of faith in Odyssey to do what they say they're going to do, unfortunately. (Klaus also assured me multiple times he's send me "something nice" for my troubles, but of course did not.) I was very tempted to sell it without even hooking it up, but for now I'll keep it.
As for sound, I'm sure it's not broken in yet, and I kinda prefer the sound of the (much cheaper) tube amp that it replaced. Maybe it will grow on me. I won't be dealing with Odyssey again.

zanshin09 you should have have demanded, been issued, and received a refund in full I do not understand why anyone would tolerate paying for defective merchandise such as this.
Well, my experience was not too good, either.  After realizing my upgraded HT3 (full Kismet reference internals) was not performing well, Klaus determined it was damaged in shipping.  I lugged it back to UPS store again, and sent it back.  This time, Klause wanted to return ship it via air parcel.  I agreed, since I live near Newark airport.  All in, I think I was out about $350 for the 2 round trip shipping.

I got my crossover issues resolved, and everything sounded wicked good, for about 4 months.  Then, one night in May, while listening to some music on my server, first one, then the other channel went silent, along with some sparking inside the amp 

I am sure Klaus would offer to repair it, again.  I cannot handle lugging this monster to UPS again, or even lugging it up the stairs from my basement.  Then there would be hundreds of dollars in shipping.  And I have to assume that the great sounding parts Klaus uses are just not reliable, like the parts used by other high end amp makers which seem to last for many decades without issues.  I said to myself when I ordered the upgrade that when the upgraded amp died, I would move on to a lighter amp with a better reputation for reliability.  And that's what I did.  I now have a pretty nice sounding class D amp that I am pleased with.  Is it as good as the Kismet Reference?  Sort of, but in different ways.  Better in some ways, not as good in others.

I guess Oddysey amps are for people with above average back strength and above average patience (or at least a decent spare amplifier lying around).

I am neither that patient nor that strong, so I must part ways with Klause and Odyssey Audio.
So sorry to hear of these problems. I had a Stratos, upgraded to the Kismet for 7 years and it was extremely musical and reliable. There was never even a burp or fart from it.
Zero issues with mine for almost 2 years now. I'll have more Odyssey kit ordered in the coming months as well. Pretty excited.

Bummer it was a bad experience. I wish I could help somehow.