O.K., downloads, streaming and more....but I still like many of my CD and SACD disks

Yes I am old, but like many things, I would still rather have a 250 GTO Ferrari than most any newer.  So, what is this old f___ talking about?  I would like to buy what could be my last CD/SACD player...or worst case, just CD player.  What are some of the best sounding, not looking or able to wash my car, just play my current CD and SACD collection with superb sound quality/fidelity.  The other choice I could do is the best sounding Redbook player and keep my current one for the SACD disks I own.  All for as much under 2K as possible. 

Also the original Ford GT40 or (if you can get Mr. Hall to part with one) a Chaparral 2C or 2D.   Hey, is that asking for too much?  As a noted person used to say..."well excuuuuuuse me".

whatjd

whatjd
I would still rather have a 250 GTO Ferrari than most any newer. I would like to buy what could be my last CD/SACD player...or worst case, just CD player.

Limited choice for the "classic" R2R multibit cd players, (forget sacd/dsd)
Naim CD555 (with 555 powersupply)
Mark Levinson ML39
Linn CD12

You’ll have a far more massive choice if you go separate cd transport and dac
As R2R is now making a "big comeback" in dacs, as they are now doing discrete R2R in stand alone dacs and the good ones sound magnificent.
EG:
MSB’s range of dacs
Holo Spring level 1,2 or 3
Denafrips Terminator
and many others

Cheers George
+1 on the Marantz SA8005. Also if at some point you want to take this player to the next level you can send it Modwright. I did that with mine and have been extremely pleased with the results.

Good luck
Thank you all for your very helpful thoughts and experience.  I am pleased to read that civility is not dead on AudiogoN.  There are a few users that are not in a healthy state of mind. 

And yes, I didn't know some of our national leaders were audiophiles... 

In my mind, there are lots of choices, especially used. Frankly, if I were buying my LAST CD/SACD player, I would seriously consider a Marantz. If it ever fails, you can replace it with a newer version or have it repaired.