Nuforce STA200

I am curious about the Nuforce STA200 amplifier  If anyone has experience with the amp it would be appreciated if you would share your listening impressions, both good and bad.  Some of the descriptions I have read classify it as a class AB amp and others a class D amp.  I am not technical savvy about these things, can a single amplifier be both? 
Thanks
George
jetter

Showing 22 responses by jl35

I just hooked mine up with a Classe CP-35 preamp and after a few hours I'm very impressed with the sound... especially at the close out prices a great value...
Very clear and warm. Good depth and dynamics. Did not use with speakers that had deep bass. I think the TAS review was quite accurate. I think Audio Advisor still has them new for $500
It will improve for another week or two. It's an exceptional amp and bargain 
I use that cord on my STA200 as well as Nuprime DAC-9 and CDT-8 and that combo sounds great   Salk SongTowers complete the system 
I run Salk SongTowers which are 4/6 ohms...can run all day without issue...have never found any ratings or measurements for STA200 except 8 ohms...
sound is extremely similar...at the original list price, most found the Job a much better value, both for the extra power and the Goldmund name...so fortunately for us, the Nuforce was continued at this outrageously low price...
I don't think the Parasound A21 would better within power limits, but it has 3X the power into 8 Ohms and 5X into 4 which could make a big difference not only in volume but also dynamics and openness...I have experience with both but only own the Nuforce...
You should be able to find a used A21 and if you don’t like it lose very little on resale. But at that price there are the Odyssey amps and the...
I've had no trouble with 4 ohm speakers...currently Dynaudio Focus 220 mkll...
smallish room, about 12x14...I think the amp is fine into 4 or 8 ohms, as long as it is looked at as a fairly low power amp, which is what it was designed as...many amps put out same or similar power into 4 or 8 ohms, such as McIntosh...
RV would certainly know best...give the company a call about your specific system