Nottingham Analogue Interspace azimuth adjust???

I recently acquired a Nottingham Analogue Interspace Jr. turntable with Interspace arm. My Fozgometer and ears tell my that the azimuth is off with my Lyra Delos mounted, but I can't find an obvious way to adjust the azimuth on this arm. The not-so-great manual that comes with doesn't mention any adjustment.
Does anyone know if it can be adjusted?
Thanks,
Sean
seantock

Showing 2 responses by br3098

You can adjust azimuth on the Nottingham tonearms by GENTLY twisting the headshell to the left or right. It is designed to rotate in the CF arm tube. It's not a great system but it works; especially assuming that you are using a low mass/high compliance cartridge as these arms were designed for.

The solid silver tonearm wire is a PITA to work with, and require extreme care when mounting cartridges, but no more than other arms. Just try not to bend the wire at the junction to the headshell connector and you'll be fine.
In my opinion, all of the Nottingham tonearms sound best when used with a high compliance cartridge; that is, over 20cu or more. The compliance on your Delos cartridge is 12cu, which would indicate that it may not be the best match for this arm.

Cartridges I reccomend, based on my experience with the Nottingham SpaceArm include:
1- AT440MLa - the only MC cartridge I liked with the Nott arm. A lot of bang for the buck, but I prefered the Ortofon or the SS
2- Benz Ace SL - sounded very good, but not as good as with other tonearms
3- Grado "The Reference" (original version) - very nice, although a little light in the bass region
4- Ortofon 2M Black - the best match, for my rig and ears. Very neutral, works well for all music genres
5- Shure V15/IV - sounds very good, but not in the same league as the Ortofon
6- Soundsmith SMMC1 - high compliance version, sounds great. Warmer, more detailed but less musical than the Ortofon