Not Sure If This Is OK Here, But Here Goes

I'm selling a pair of Magnepans on Audiogon and as usual, have had no response. Yesterday, a guy from Argentina (allegedly) contacts me and says he'd like the speakers and gave me an address and phone number of a guy in Miami to ship them to and he'll forward them on to the end buyer.

At first glance, this doesn't pass the smell test. However, he did give me a phone number, which I may call later today. The other issue I have is that I have little to no experience with PayPal. How hard is it to defraud PayPal and leave me without my  money and the lose of my speakers?

jasonduke2

As a seller, you are not in a favorable position with PayPal. As a buyer you have more control and easier to get your money back. 
I have sold many items internationally and almost all of them, if you go thru customs, you lose any ability to track your shipment so your ability to prove that your shipment actually made it to the buyer diminishes as well as leaving yours of open for the buyer to get their money back and you lose the item you sold. EVERY international transaction, and EVERY transaction here in the states over a certain amount, the buyer has to use PayPal friends and family

Run from this bogus offer. Run! You already know the offer is no good. These offers only work on desperate sellers or people who trust in the kindness remote strangers, which you shouldn’t. bogus offers work on a very small percentage of targets but it’s called getting something for nothing. There’s always someone looking to part a person with his money. But if you go forward, I have a bridge in the Everglades for sale. 😀

No Pay pal . You will not be covered.
This is a scam .Don’t bother trying to make it happen.

Had this scenario twice. 100% Total Scam

PayPal won’t cover You if you go through a third party (another words you would be shipping to a different address than that on the buyers account), they will only cover you if items are shipped to the address of the buyer directly, got caught with this a few years ago, sounds like a sca

I agree with @jackd. I had a buyer who said he was from Columbia and of course I thought, "yeah right". He explained to me that they don't have access to equipment like we do in the States. He said the freight forwarder out of Miami would handle the customs paperwork and that I didn't have to worry about it. I was a bit reluctant but went ahead and sent the CD player. Everything worked without a hitch. I received payment and never heard another word. I might ask a few pertinent questions just to make sure it's legit but what he is saying is true.