Not Enjoying My Turntable

I purchased a u-turn orbit plus six months back to get into the experience of vinyl and collecting again. So far I have enjoyed the process of album buying and the tactile experience of vinyl. However, I just am not happy with the sound. Generally I have always enjoyed playing music with the treble turned up. Maybe because of some hearing loss I don't know. Also, I have had some problems with the turntable. The needle skips and to me the sound is muffled.

I am sure I could fix some of these problems with a equalizer and some troubleshooting with the turntable but am I just chasing the dragon here? In short am I doing something wrong.
128x128brimel1974
Sell the analog stuff ....get the best level of Tidal streaming. Boom ! highs come back.

Maybe ask an hi-fi enthusiast friend to help you set up your record player.  The skipping and the muffled sound may have different causes that are not obviously unless someone takes a look at your setup physically.  Just have some beers around !
Post removed 
I jumped on the u-turn bandwagon when they first launched. Liked their story, made in the USA and all. The table not so much. You can find much much better at the same or slightly higher price point. 

Don't give up, but don't chase a fix that you won't probably realize if you choose to keep the orbit.