Nordost Sort Fut supporting audio rack: does it work?

I see that the Nordost Sort Fut appears to be used by some as expensive isolation devices for speakers. I am set in that regard, having bought Ingress Engineering speaker footers. If you are reading this post and are using Sort Fut to support your audio rack, can you comment on the wisdom of this approach? If your rack is supported by Sort Fut or a similar product, do you also isolate individual components on your rack? Which brand of rack have you attached Sort Fut to, and how is this an improvement over the stock spiked feet, for instance? Thanks for sharing your experience with this application. 
conlad

Showing 1 response by tom6897

If someone was to place four silent vibrators randomly at various places on your audio rack without your knowledge do you think you would be able to perceive their presence and hear any difference while listening to music? I doubt it. I have been to a demo where the CD and DAC were picked up and carried across the room while playing and there was no discernable difference in sound or quality.  You may want to give it a try before spending big bucks on something that claims to do something that has never been proven. Only claims and testimonials that are as easily refuted by listeners who have the opposite experience.  There are a lot of ads for gently used /like new tweaks available on various audio sites. Tread carefully 🤔 and Good Luck!