Noob Planar Speaker Advice Needed

My system

Pre/Pro: B&k ref30 (sigh)
Amp: I'm considering an Aragon 4004mkII

Speakers Choices
a) Martin Logans (SL3, clarity, or cls iiz)
b) Magnepan 1.6
C) Eminent Technology LFT8

The cls iiz i've come to understand perform better with tubes. Any comments on these combos or possibilities in the same price range?

(my listening space is poor - and large 15x20 2 story room with an open side wall. But I don't want to try to limit my speaker choice to optimize the room as the room will not be forever. I listen to a little less then half music, little more then half HT - but the sound quality for music is far more important to me. What i want, and have never had, are mids the blow me away - something to make female vocals shine. Hope that's enough on preferences to generate some feedback).

Thanks
woodenpeter
FWIW - I have heard of the low level listening 'problem' with Maggies before but I think it is only in comparison with something like a Quad ESL which excell at low volume detail. I owned 1.6s for a few years and the thought never occured to me (maybe the bass was down in level a bit but detail seemed fine at low volume) and I am sure the 1.7 must be better than the 1.6 in regard to detail.
Philojet, you are right about the Quad however low listening richness is a quality that extents to all electrostats IMO.
You will not get mids that blow you away with planars or cones if you don't put bass traps in the room. I'd start with a good amount of bass traps before buying new speakers. Something like GIK Tri Traps. They can be moved to a future room easily. They can go in corners, can be stacked in corners, can go along floor/wall boundaries too.

What you should get with planars over cones isn't necessarily better mids, but different mids. A more seamless midrange maybe. What you should experience also is the dipole deep and airy sounstage. Also the super fast quickness of transients, attack and decay, but once again, you won't experience this if you don't have bass traps. Poor bass response in the room will mask this. The other thing you'll need to do is commit to putting the speakers well out in to the room, further than you would cones. See the Cardas dipole calculator to see what the location is.

And you already probably know about the power you'll need.

The ET's have some advantages over Maggie 1.6s IMO. They arguably do not require as much current, but still need power. This can be a cost differentiators. Also, I would speculate you'd need to modify the Maggies to equal the ET's. And the ET's have high frequency adjustment. And you might need a subwoofer with the 1.6 but not with the ET's.
At 0-dark 30, (that's REAL late) I have been known to face my Maggies AT one another and sit in between. Like the ULTIMATE open air headphone.

When the house is THAT quiet, you can feel the rosin come off the bow. You get the feeling you are IN the performance room, sitting among the players.
All your choices are good. No speaker is perfect but all the ones you listed are very enjoyable. You might even try the little MMG @599 pair and a small sub like the Hsu 10 inch @350. Your room will be fine but you'll have to pull the speakers out from the wall a bit (5 feet or more). Good luck.

Thanx, Russ