Noisy Bellari VP 129?

I received a demo Bellari today & while trying to listen to it for the first time it was incredibly noisy. It is completely unlistenable. I can not turn the gain over the first mark without an objectionable amount of noise, almost feedback. If I turn the gain down & then turn the vollume up on my pre-amp the noise will be just as noticable. I also tried going direct into my amps without the pre-amp & have the same noise. I tried listening to the headphone amp & the noise is there as well. I wonder if it is the tube possibly? When I plug my table directly into my pre-amp there is no noise, although the gain is obviously not enough without the Bellari. I wish I had another tube to try but I do not unfortunately. This seems like I have a problem with the Bellari, has anyone else had this problem?
fishwater

Showing 3 responses by macrojack

I have one and I have a bit of hum like as if the table needs to be grounded. In my case, however, I find I can reduce the hum by moving Bellari further from my integrated. I suspect my problem just has to do with magnetic fields. Have you tried moving the Bellari around at all?
Hi Fishwater, I plugged my son's Grado SR 60 headphones into the rear jack with no input and turned the volume up half way and then all the way. No hum. No sound at all. Seems like you might have a bum unit.

I was not able to mess around with it much tonight but I'll take another shot tomorrow and let you know if I can offer any better suggestions.
Fishwater, I'm sorry I wasn't able to provide more help. Mine seems to work just fine. At least it isn't going to tie up a lot of money while being repaired. I would certainly be looking for an explanation (or a refund) from the person who sold that to me.