No one actually knows how to lculate what speaker cable they need

It goes back to cable manufaturars, mostly provide no relevant data! to sales and the users. None will answer this!
Whay do you think that you own now the optimal cable to your setup?
I think I've figured it out. 

128x128b4icu
Plain zip cord is fairly inductive and thicker zip cord, that is the stuff with larger gauge copper, becomes even more inductive while the resistance drops.

Inductance of straight wire is lower for thicker wires.  For instance gauge 16 wire has inductance of 0.33uH/ft  while gauge 10 wire inductance is 0.29uH/ft

Mr. spatialking

You are a late comer to this thread. The issue was brought up earlier.

1.       The DF and the speaker 8 Ohms values are ref. as resistive only (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damping_factor):

In an audio system, the damping factor gives the ratio of the rated impedance of the loudspeaker to the source impedance. Only the resistive part of the loudspeaker impedance is used. The amplifier output impedance is also assumed to be totally resistive.

2.       This is not the reason speaker cables sound different!

There are as many attempts to explain, justify, point at factors without really checking it or study the matter. Impedance (as it is a complex "resistance" that includes an inductive (coil) and capacitive values, is none relevant when a speaker's cable (a good one) is way under 0.002 Ohms. For a cable, no matter how bad it is made (as a copper wire alone shall have no inductive or capacitance at all!) the values of those inductive (coil) and capacitive values are so low, that referred to the resistance value they have no effect.

Those values, with resistors of kilo Ohms do. This is a ratio of 1:1,000,000! Between 0.002 Ohms and 2k Ohms.

b4icu,
I am unable to fill in the excel table with my iphone. I can view it with the link you provided but unable to update with my input as I may not have the app. Please help
as a copper wire alone shall have no inductive or capacitance at all!
Of course straight wire has inductance. It is on average in order of 0.4uH/ft that represents about 0.2ohm at 10kHz for 8' wire.

Post removed