Nice Tube Preamp for Boulder 1060

Anyone heard a Boulder amp with a tube pre? I currently have a Boulder preamp with my 1060 and I'm thinking I might want something a little more "forgiving" if you will. Phono stage not required. Balanced inputs/out a must.

Thanks.
128x128hessec
call Dave at Hammertone audio and ask his recommendation on an Allnic tube pre. I haven't heard one but the reviews are excellent. good luck.
I have heard the Boulder 1060 paired with the Audio Research Ref 3 and Ref 5. Both were excellent pairings. My local dealer is a Boulder, ARC dealer. Curious, what speakers are you driving? What interconnects and speaker cables? What is your source? I must say that the Boulder system that I heard sounded very natural (1060, 1010, 1021, Wilson Maxx3, Kimber select ICs and speaker cables).
Magico V2 all pranawire cosmos(silver) cabling. The speakers are still breaking in but they are sounding a little harsh right now. I think my first move may be to try some copper cabling... ahh, tone controls.... Source is simaudio andromeda.
Hessec, sounds like a plan; trying different cabling. I think the synergy between amp and pre-amp is an important factor in achieving best sound; impedence matching, etc. Boulder amp and pre is a combination that is hard to beat in my listening experience. I've heard Magico V3 several times and get to spend a lot of listening time with a close friend who has M5. When you find the right combination the system should sing.
What preamp do you have? I had a 1012 matched to a 2060 amp with Maxx 2 speakers for years and have a few ideas as to what will help. FWIW, all cables have some sound. Silver is detailed but bright. It sounds like you have too much of that already. List your equipment, including power conditioning and I can get more specific.