NHT 2.9 or B&W CDM9NT

Yes I know, what a strange pairing. I have listened to both, and they are very, very different. The problem is, I liked both of them very much. So what's a guy to do?

Maybe if any of you that have heard both (owned both?) were to comment on your experience, it might reinforce or clarify my own thoughts.

I like most all music, but mostly classical (both chamber and orchestral), jazz (acoustic and electronic), some pop rock, etc. No head banging for me, but I must admit I ruled out my favorites, the Maggie 1.6QR because of the lack of bass. I would like to stay in the low $2k range, and to add a good sub to the Maggies puts it out of range.

Oh yes - I am waiting to purchase amp/pre-amp until I decide on speakers, but I plan on spending around $1,500 for an amp (I prefer tubes, but with these speakers I may have to opt for ss).

Your thoughts are very welcome and appreciated.
seldenr

Showing 1 response by dave1515

I too compared the 2.9 to the B&W. Yes both are great, I was leaning toard the 2.9. But then I found Maggies and they are the best for accoustical music! Get the Maggies and when you save up a few hundred, get a fast tight 8 inch sub.