Next upgrade?

Just looking for an opinions on what my next upgrade should be. I have a VPI HW-19 Mk. III with a Rega 300 tonearm. The cartridge is a Grado Reference Platinum. This goes straight into the phono section of a Mcintosh MA6900. I have about $500 to spend on an upgrade, and didn't know where to go next. I'm leaning towards a new cartridge (Dynavector 10x5) and getting a Mint Tractor to align it. But maybe all I need is a phono stage? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
helmuthed

Showing 1 response by polk432

I have a Mint LP and it is a great tool. I also have a Dynavector 10/5. Be very careful with these! They bend very (too) easily. This is the 2nd one I have carefully mounted and even though they sound good, to me they are a piece of junk, since I had no trouble mounting Linn K18's and Nagaoaka's using the mint LP. Try one first with your cart. Also get as high powered a magnifier you can get (maybe from a coin shop) and have plenty of natural light. It is about a 2 hour job the first time around. For $500.00 get two Hookers. Best of luck