Next step: tube preamp or analog?

Suggestions please - building a system and not sure which siren to follow next - tube preamp or analog?  I have convinced myself a decent step in either direction will cost $2000 or more, am I wrong?  Current system, all used gear, is Thiel CS 2.3 or Magnepan 0.7; Krell KAV 350il (integrated amp w/o phono stage), PS Audio Digital Link 3; Oppo BDP-105;  PS Audio UPC-200; all with decent cables.
128x128thosb
I am just going to ignore the equipment you listed and make the statement that many people, myself included, feel that the preamp is the most important piece of gear that you purchase and that a good decision here will pay great dividends as you build your system. To make a good decision on the preamp you need to make sure it mates well to your final choice of amp which needs to mate well with your final choice of speakers. I myself have found my nirvana with tubes but there are some awesome solids state preamp available and should not be ignored.
It isn't clear what your objective is. When you suggest "analog," to what do you refer? LP? Reel-to-reel? Cassette? FM?