Newbie with $1500 and a wife pushing for Bose

Ok, i have been lurking only for a short time to fully understand how absolutly little I know about audio components.

I have attempted to research products via this site and others to attempt to find the best possible set up for my "allowance" as she says.

My current equipment - Sony 46" 16x9 rear projection, Sony DVP-NS715P DVD player, COMCASTS HDTV box.

My needs: Receiver, Amplifier (dont know if necesary), and Speakers

How I currenlty use my system: Almost 100% for movies/tv but want to move to music as well and remove the "boom box" CD player we have. (I know utterly sad)

My original thought was to go 100% Sony with but after some research and no real talk of sony I came here.

PLEASE HELP!!!
ericlsloan4407

Showing 1 response by jeffloistarca

I've listened to the Bose stuff and well... If WAF is the problem then get thee small but GOOD speakers. Anthony Gallo has a complete home theatre package including sub for $999. These little wonders are the size of a softball and available in different colors to match your decor. I like 'em plenty. www.roundsound.com

As for a HT receiver I'd suggest you listen to some of the folks here on the 'Gon, I'm not fond of my NAD unit at all.