Newbie - Which USED Amp & Preamp for under $2500

My preamp has seen better days and is sounding awful. My amp is pretty weak too. I have $2500 to spend and I need help. I've been looking at the following, any advice would help:

PREAMPS:
Audio Research SP17L Tube Preamp
Quad QC24
Arcam c30

AMPS:
Arcam PI monoblocks
Conrad Johnson MF 2250
Bel Canto Evo 200.2
Quad 99
Perraux 200P
Refurbished McCormack DNA 125

Below is my current setup. I plan on upgrading my speakers in the near future, so I'll want something that will work now and later:

Hafler 9130 amp (x2)
Adcom GTP 500 Preamp
B&W 602 series 3 Speakers

Thanks!
mmrump

Showing 1 response by kurt_tank

If you are definitely planning on upgrading your speakers in the near future, I recommend that you not upgrade your preamp and amp now. (I realize that this is not what you want to hear, but IMHO, that is the best way for you to approach upgrading your system.)

Pick out the speakers that you want, and then match your future power amp, (or integrated amp), to your speakers.

The amp to speaker synergy is very important, and to pick your amp first, will limit your selection of speakers that will sound good with your amps.
(i.e. as examples; a power hungry speaker will not work with a low powered amp, or a speaker that has a very low impedance, may severely tax the power of an amp that does not double in power as the impedance is halved.)

My two cents worth anyway.