Newbie G4 laptop to NAD 320 BEE setup

I am trying to figure out my options for the optimum laptop setup. I have a G4 17" 1.3 Ghz running Itunes with Apple Lossless audio files. I am going to connect the laptop to an NAD320 BEE integraded amp driving a pair of Klipsch Forte speakers. I am currently trying to figure out the connection to the amp. Do I really need a DAC with 24/192khz sampling, or can I use something simpler like a Behringer UCA202 U-Control Audio Interface, or Behringer FCA202 - FireWire Audio Interface. I evetually want to add a tube pre-amp to the setup. I have looked through the forum and there seems to be issues of jitter etc with the laptop setup, but technically with lossless files, shouldn't I be able to get CD quality audio? Any suggestions on the setup will be greatly appreciated.
skateronthemountain

Showing 1 response by rlwainwright

If your ;aptop has a Toslink output, go to MonoPrice.com and check out their "fancy" Toslink cable. This is a *seriously* nice cable and the price is incredibly cheap, a 6 ft. cable is only $5.49 + shipping. That is NOT a typo, I have one of these and it is a great cable, very well-constructed - looks like a $100 cable, no kidding...

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10229&cs_id=1022901&p_id=2764&seq=1&format=2