New Yggdrasil - First (and second) Impressions

Okay, so I’ve finally (on order over 2 months) received my Schiit Yggdrasil. The unit arrived in exactly perfect condition (i.e. well packaged).

Upon first (and second) listening through all sources/inputs, I would need a stethoscope to discern any difference among my current components and connectivity. I also cannot detect any difference using the phase inversion button.

I suppose the aforementioned is a testament to how good my current system (before/without Yggy) already sounds. :)

I can easily A-B test because the Yggy is hooked in via balanced and my other components are also hooked directly to amp via RCA or USB.

Also, obviously I have NOT let the unit "burn in" for days because I just got it, however, it has come to full operational temperature after being powered on continuously over 24 hours.

System configuration: (Yggdrasil > XLR > Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amplifier > Golden Ear Triton Reference speakers )
all cables blue jeans cables "best" offering

Emotiva ERC-3 CD player > AES/EBU > Yggdrasil
Oppo UDP-205 blue ray player > coax > Yggdrasil
Samsung SMT-C5320 cable box > optical > Yggdrasil
Gateway NV79 Windows 10 64-bit computer > USB > Yggdrasil

I’ll be patient, but if there are any suggestions to "try" in order to hear *some* audible difference, that would be great. Appreciate any feedback you have.

Thanks.
128x128gdhal
I believe the gdhal is interested in hearing better sound. I didn’t see a list of his components. IMHO a worthwhile improvement should be immediately recognizable. I suggest returning the Yggy immediately and use the funds to buy a used Equitech 2Q. Unless you are already using balanced power I think you will “immediately” notice a “significant” improvement to your 205. 
@randyhat - I understand your point and its well taken. I'm beginning to become a believer in the Yggy though, relative to the sound from my Oppo. While I'm still in the honeymoon/experimental stage, I can share that as I write this, I do NOT believe I will be returning it. That said, yes, comparison is difficult. However, I'm also starting to realize that comparison isn't quite as difficult if you know or are told exactly what to listen for, and in this regard I'm getting a rapid education.

@stereo5 - nice of you to chime in here. Yes, I am enjoying the T Refs very much. They truly are incredible, especially when *value* enters into the equation. You'll recall I contacted you to inquire about the Sony HAP-Z1ES. That was on my radar (to purchase instead of the Yggy) during my early decision making process. I believe this is the Sony music server you are speaking of. I checked into the Sony thoroughly, but didn't like the fact that it uses "a Direct Stream Digital (DSD) Re-mastering Engine" and that it "converts analog to digital at 24 bit / 96 Hz". Also didn't like that it *seemingly* isn't plug and play (when connecting a USB it copies to its hard drive). I have no clue how it sounds, however, I understand from the few posts I've read from owners that it does sound good. It's also at the same price point as the Yggy. Nevertheless, I wanted multibit R2R. I only listen to redbook CD and higher rez PCM, so in my particular case I'm confident in the Yggy. Nice to read from you that you feel the Esoteric, which is R2R, sounds noticeably better. Many other people also claim R2R sounds better, which was a major reason I chose to buy one.
I believe the gdhal is interested in hearing better sound. I didn’t see a list of his components. IMHO a worthwhile improvement should be immediately recognizable. I suggest returning the Yggy immediately and use the funds to buy a used Equitech 2Q. Unless you are already using balanced power I think you will “immediately” notice a “significant” improvement to your 205.

@ptss

The first post in this thread lists my gear. I already have great sound, even without the Yggy. I could be content without the Yggy, any external DAC, or any other component change. Generally speaking, all of my gear has exceptional *value* (price, quality, performance ratio). I’m simply looking (but may have found it courtesy of the Yggy) for an incremental upgrade. I’m not using balanced power, but I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t provide an “immediate” and “significant” improvement to the sound I already have.
Gdhal:

My Gungnir Multibit has improved substantially with break in time since I last posted.
Hopefully, yours should do the same.
Although the Oppo 105D is not at all bad on my system, the Gungy continues to distance itself from it.
@rvpiano

Appreciate the update. I'm hopeful to have a known (much) better set of ears than mine musician friend stop over later, specifically to "lend me his ears". Go John Lennon :)