New Yggdrasil - First (and second) Impressions

Okay, so I’ve finally (on order over 2 months) received my Schiit Yggdrasil. The unit arrived in exactly perfect condition (i.e. well packaged).

Upon first (and second) listening through all sources/inputs, I would need a stethoscope to discern any difference among my current components and connectivity. I also cannot detect any difference using the phase inversion button.

I suppose the aforementioned is a testament to how good my current system (before/without Yggy) already sounds. :)

I can easily A-B test because the Yggy is hooked in via balanced and my other components are also hooked directly to amp via RCA or USB.

Also, obviously I have NOT let the unit "burn in" for days because I just got it, however, it has come to full operational temperature after being powered on continuously over 24 hours.

System configuration: (Yggdrasil > XLR > Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amplifier > Golden Ear Triton Reference speakers )
all cables blue jeans cables "best" offering

Emotiva ERC-3 CD player > AES/EBU > Yggdrasil
Oppo UDP-205 blue ray player > coax > Yggdrasil
Samsung SMT-C5320 cable box > optical > Yggdrasil
Gateway NV79 Windows 10 64-bit computer > USB > Yggdrasil

I’ll be patient, but if there are any suggestions to "try" in order to hear *some* audible difference, that would be great. Appreciate any feedback you have.

Thanks.
128x128gdhal
You can prove it to your self, just listen to the discrete R2R Multibit offerings from the ones I pointed out and compare them to you delta sigma Oppo ESS unit using the same PCM material, if you still can;t hear any difference it’s time to throw in the hifi towel.

@georgehifi

With all do respect, your replies to date to my questions (within this thread) are rather evasive. It’s almost as if you are obstinate.

I’m on your side, remember? I too have the Yggdrasil and have embraced (for now) multibit R2R.

Presumably, you too have performed a side-by-side Yggy comparison to delta sigma. Perhaps my questioning needs to be more targeted. What music - SPECIFIC ARTIST AND SPECIFIC TRACK/SONG - can you recommend, and WHAT QUALITY (cymbal, bass, spacing, separation, imaging, etc.) within that track should I - or anyone else wishing to compare multibit and delta sigma - listen, or attempt to listen for?

Edit:

CHEERS
I don't own a Yaggy, but from all reports it is a well done Multibit, and to me should be discernable for the better over an Oppo DS using the same PCM source material, try feeding both a CD from a proper transport, maybe it the download junk that doing a great equalising job on both for you.

Cheers George 
Post removed 
I don't own a Yaggy, but from all reports it is a well done Multibit, and to me should be discernable for the better over an Oppo DS using the same PCM source material, try feeding both a CD from a proper transport, maybe it the download junk that doing a great equalising job on both for you.

Is something from here download junk? I think not.
http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html

I can play the majority of those files from a USB flash drive connected to the Oppo. Pick one, please.

Then, let me know which one you picked, and at what time index within the track you exclaim "WOW, AHA, I GET IT, THIS SOUNDS SO MUCH BETTER THAN DELTA SIGMA BECAUSE..."
I’m also curious about George’s recommendations.

I’d suggest a few recordings with which you are very familiar. If you’ve had some that you ever thought to yourself sounded particularly thin/metallic/digital, maybe try those. As cheesy as they are, Chesky’s "Ultimate Demonstration Disc" and the "World’s Greatest Audiophile Vocal Recordings." I believe both include the obligatory Rebecca Pidgeon Spanish Harlem. I’ve found both to be good test-type discs for comparisons...just skip the narrator on the demonstration disc.

edit--agree with George on trying the actual CDs on a decent transport.

@stfoth

I’m very appreciative of your reply. Thank you.

To your points:

Would you suggest then listening to this source of Rebecca Pidgeon Spanish Harlem?
http://hostuje.net/file.php?id=474eb0e4c6a97d2ab1e0ffcfd9d53fda

Secondly, with regard to using a CD, while I’m of the opinion that wouldn’t and shouldn’t matter (in lieu of same from USB), I have two CDs that can act as transport. An Oppo UDP-205 and an Emotiva ERC-3. So, are we saying that if I have a recording on CD and play from one of those players, I should (or might) expect different results than if I play the same (ripped from CD) file on a USB stick from the Oppo?