New Yamaha a-s3000 and a-s2100 integrated amps ??

Has anyone listen to these new integrated amps?

They seem to be no love for the latest Yamaha gear here...
hifisoundguy

Showing 2 responses by tasos1

Just purchased the 2100 a few days ago. Here are my impressions as heard through my Clearwave 72R speakers using the Sony HAP-Z1-es hooked up via the balanced inputs as well as a Well Tempered Simplex/Ortofon Red Cadenza hooked up to the phono MC input. The build quality is outstanding, and the Yamaha is very well designed both internally and externally. It weighs more than 50 pounds, so it has a sturdy power supply. Most importantly, it was pretty apparent, even without proper break-in, that this is a great sounding amp. The tonality is very even and smooth, and it has brought forth some details ( i.e. reverb on an instrument, vocal inflections etc.) that I did not hear before. It also punches lower in the bass and is dynamic, but sounds controlled at the same time. The separation of instruments and clarity are outstanding, and my overall thoughts are that this is like a very good amp/preamp combination. Can't wait to see how much better this can get with break-in, but even now this stands as one of the best buys I have made in audio equipment.
Audiolabyrinth, I do think that a lot of audiophiles will overlook the Yamaha as just another mass market mid-fi product. I can assure you it is not. First and foremost, the sound quality is really unbelievably good, so balanced, smooth and dynamic. I love the MC phono section, which utilizes discreet parts and a step-up transformer. The build quality is excellent- better than most British integrateds, if not quite in Boulder territory. I took a bit of a leap of faith in purchasing this after reading several excellent worldwide reviews (the best one was in a Czech audio magazine), but I'm happy I did!