New Yamaha a-s3000 and a-s2100 integrated amps ??

Has anyone listen to these new integrated amps?

They seem to be no love for the latest Yamaha gear here...
hifisoundguy

Showing 3 responses by foster_9

I did not now of the A-S2100. That's news to me. I currently have the A S2000 and it's as good an integrated as any I've owned. I will be reading up on the 2100. I see it retails for over $3000.
Unfortunately I'm not a diy type audiophile except very basic things like cleaning contacts and changing tubes. Mucking around on the inside of a brand new unit with even small quantities of contact enhancer is in my opinion a good way to void a warranty, and with one mistake, destroy the functionality of your unit. Love to hear what you're talking about Hifisoundguy, but I'm not convinced it's worth the risk. Contact enhancers like Quicksilver can and will degrade/deteriorate.

Take a look at the thread:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?fcabl&1293134213&openfrom&1&4#1

I used to use Quicksilver Gold and Walker Extreme SST years ago, and I eventually gave up using contact enhancers even in very small quantities. I only use Kontac contact cleaner these days.
Hifisoundguy, I appreciate your warning. I'm not doing any tweaking of the integrated. The most I may do is try the isolation pads underneath.