New vinyl quality....

Recently I have purchased quite a bit of new vinyl. I am shocked at the poor quality control and inconsistency that I am getting. Anyone else?
Chris Stapleton Traveller 2LP: LP1 is flawless. LP2 is so beyond warped and is not even close to round!! Oh, and this is after I returned the 1st copy as there was an audible flaw through most of the first 2 songs of disc 2, side 1. Wish I had that copy back! 
Stones' new release, Honk: LP1 is so bad the center is damaged and won't even fit over the spindle! Additionally, there are visual marks all over it - looks like smudges. LP2 is fine.
I am seeing this a lot. Probably 30-40% of the new (sealed) vinyl I'm buying has some kind of an issue. Not even talking about SQ here - it's physical issues that I am seeing. 
What are you all experiencing? 
denjer1
@winoguy17 

Just read your B&N thread and was surprised your record was pressed at RTI which I is (or was) considered one of the good pressing plants! I  had heard that their QC was getting a bit sketchy last couple of years but they are certainly no United as far as I have read.  Most of the vinyl I buy is jazz and I seek early pressings and sometime Japan pressings.  RTI does some good record store day releases.  maybe on the newer stuff I need to stick with Mofi and Analogue Productions.
 I wouldnt blame this on RTI. This record was clearly used, returned and repackaged . The worst thing was I showed it to a manager. Two weeks later the same record was back in the bin. No way they should be allowed to sell this as  "new ". Also the fact that they said it is a common problem was disturbing.
Any wonder I stick to original "old" releases.

Last new album I bought by Candlebox was at least flat but the center hole was undersized and I could not get it to fit over any spindle of the 3 TT I have in the house, not even close!

I was able to open it up to fit but then the SQ was huge disappointment.

Oh well....

@denjer1,

You’re not alone.

Here in the UK myself and a couple of friends have found that well over half of new vinyl (180gm)/to be of poor quality, especially in terms of surface noise / clicks and pops.

The turntable we use is a Pro-ject Debut Carbon with an acrylic platter and an Ortofon Blue cart.

Quite often we find heavily played LPs from the 70s/80s to be superior in this regard. Yes, we do encourage each other to return them but its not always possible.