New TT or upgrade cartridge/platter on Project DC

Quick backstory: I purchased a Pro-ject Debut Carbon with 2M red cartridge around Thanksgiving to start my vinyl journey. I didn’t want to go overboard to start as I was unsure of my interest level. I’ve been strictly digital prior  playing MQA files through a Bluesound Node 2. Since then I’ve quickly accumulated over a 150 records mixed of my favorites and a large stack or original 70’s pressing who my father passed down which I had no idea where hidden away all these years (I’m 34). 
I’ve fallen in love with Vinyl since and I’m at the point where I know there is so much more to be had to improve my listening experience. I’m very happy with my entry level audiophile system and am looking for some recommendations on where to go from here on my TT? 
My system for reference:
McIntosh MA5200 integrated
McIntosh MR-65B tuner
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon tt
Bluesound Node2 digital 
Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 speakers
Nordost Blue Heaven Power Cord/Speaker Cable/interconnects
Do I upgrade to the acrylic platter and move up the 2m chain Blue or Bronze (would be $4-600 for cartridge/platter alone)? 
Do I just sell my Debut Carbon, save the $ on the cartridge/platter and upgrade my turntable? 
I would like to here suggestions and ideas, let’s go with a budget of $1,500 for conversation. I really prefer going the pre-owned route as I’ve been able to find some really great deals on here over the years on almost all of my equipment. 
128x128aasteven111
You're coming from digital and have enough experience now to know you are into records. Great. Turntables and records are a whole thing unto themselves. The good news is there's no right or wrong. Any of the things you are considering, new cart, platter, whatever, they will all open up a new window in terms of sound quality. No doubt. So no worries there. 

What's different and pays to think about with turntables is they are (or can be) a very long term investment. Mine is more than 15 years old and is still going strong and far down the list of components I would like to upgrade. https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 There are lots of very old (vintage) turntables still very highly regarded. My point is a turntable can be a much more long term buy than just about anything else. 

So that is one upgrade path, to save until you can afford a level that will last you a good long time. But remember there is no right or wrong. Another equally good but different upgrade would be to plow as much as you can afford right now into a really good cartridge. 

The big advantage going this route is huge immediate improvement much greater than you could ever get with something like a better platter. If you go this route I would highly recommend something like the Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC https://sound-smith.com/cartridges/fixed-coil/zephyr-mimc-%E2%98%86 While $2k I believe all Soundsmith are 25% off right now. Ordinarily I wouldn't recommend putting a lot in a cartridge right away because they are sort of disposable items and I like to think more long term. But Peter Ledermann will rebuild these and for a good enough price you can consider them a longer term investment. 

Last thing to think about, the phono stage. Equally as important as all the rest. What are you using now?
Thank you MillerCarbon, that is a lot of good information to think about. Right now i’m my MA5200, I do not have a separate phone stage.
What mc notes is correct; I would add that you want to consider how much tinkering you like/want to do. If you enjoy optimizing mechanical systems, you will be well-rewarded with a more advanced table. That comes at a cost though, so you want to consider what kind of a budget you’re comfortable with.

Your MA5200 has a very solid MM phono section, so you can take advantage of a higher performance cartridge easily. That might also be a good way to get your feet wet with essential mechanical skills you’ll need to learn no matter which course you choose. Start with downloading a protractor and double-checking the alignment on your cartridge. That’s free and correct alignment is the most important part of getting the most out of your vinyl rig.

Second, verify the VTF. I don’t know if Debut ships with a scale, but if you don’t have one you’ll need to get one at some point anyway. They can be found at minimal cost for simple balance types. Just make sure you repeat the measurement several times to make sure you’ve got it right. The 2M Red supplied with your table has a specification of 1.8 grams. Note that you’ll want to recheck alignment and adjust if necessary because a change in VTF can cause a change in geometry too.

For the simplest and least costly upgrade, you should invest in a decent cleaning and anti-static accessory set. There are a lot of choices there, and searching the forums here will yield a lot of information. At a minimum, an anti-static carbon LP brush and a stylus brush are needed. I’d strongly recommend a wet cleaner to go along with that like the LAST offering or similar, but you have to decide what’s right for you.

Next, you could retrofit a 2M Blue stylus into your 2M Red body for an immediate improvement. That "should" preserve the geometry, but again use the protractor to verify that. You could upgrade the platter if you wish, but I’d suggest a disk clamp instead. That more tightly couples the vinyl to the platter to reduce resonances, tends to reduce the effect of warps and helps eliminate slippage. If you really want to try a new cartridge, the 2M Bronze could be worth the investment, but that’s between you and your wallet.

Beyond that, you’d be best served by moving to a more advanced table. The reality of the Debut is that it is an entry-level table and upgrading it yields comparatively modest results. Basically, a $500 rig can consume $1000 of tweaks and still be lacking. A $1500 table with $500 in tweaks can deliver years of satisfaction. In my case, I’m still using a SOTA Sapphire I purchased in 1984 for $900. That story was posted here years ago and is one of many similar tales.

Vinyl is the best part of the audio hobby IMO, and I heartily welcome you aboard. Remember always it is a hobby: Don’t obsess and don’t stress! Just enjoy.

Keep us posted on your progress and happy listening!
Its true, a turntable rewards tweaks like you can't believe. Your Project table is plenty good enough for you to know you love vinyl. Which is really something considering its a very entry level table. Getting more involved with setup and adjustments like effischer suggested will pay big dividends now and even bigger ones later on when you do buy your next table because you will know so much more what matters from actual experience.  

The truth is what you already have is more than good enough so that all your most cost-effective upgrades right now will be tweaks, accessories, and adjustments. I'm not just talking about the turntable either by the way. I mean all of what you have. But that is only considering sound quality and sound quality alone. Because a lot of the most effective improvements are invisible. But how things look matters too, and more to some than others. So really it turns out that as important as it is to know the components its equally important to know yourself. 

Hi I have project debut and upgraded the platter to acrylic and the cart to blue Orto. Small improvement with platter, big improvement with the cart. Also using the Mc MA5200. But I would have to say that it is only a matter of time before the disease flares and I upgrade the tt. Probably to something in the 3-4K range, used.  Just doing the research and looking around for the right piece. So it has been a worthwhile investment for a couple of years but since life is short I would recommend going as big as you can as early as you can. Enjoy!