New to TT's some advice questions

Hi all,

I have not owned a TT since the 80's. All I remember is that is was a Pioneer.

I am looking to add a table to my to be combined HT/Stereo rig.

In the the $2k to $3k range without cartridge are there some initial suggestions you can make? How complicated is it to set-up and maintain a TT? I don't think I am a stupid guy but ease of use would be nice I suppose. Just kicking things off and I would like some info before I go to the dealer. They have a used Scout Master (18 months) I believe he stated and I believe it has a Benz Cartridge but I cannot remember the one from the initial phone chat.

I am actually going to audition a pre/amp, Simaudio P-7 and I would really like to get into vinyl so I want to purchase at the same time. Currently I just have a Rega Saturn CDP.

It will be safe to say that Simaudio will most likely be the pre/amp in some flavor. I have a Simaudio Titan multi-channel amp and perhaps I will add a stereo amp someday but that is what I have for now. Speakers are Dynaudio Confidence C1 and REL B1 sub.

If you could give some suggestions I would appreciate it. Other forum sites have also suggested ClearAudio.

Anyone with thoughts on Simaudio phono pre-amp?

Thanks so much...
128x128dynguy

Showing 1 response by buconero117

Go slow, and as suggested get your fee wet. Your vinyl memories may need a long time to reawaken, and at close to the $3K you are considering it could be an expensive memory. Look for a used Denon 47F, one which you can pick up, and marry it with a Denon 103 or 160. For less then $500 you will be in business. Once you are sure of your commitment to vinyl buy a VPI, and keep the Denon as a back up machine.