New to the Hobby what would you do next?

I have spent six to eight months trying to stretch my very Modest sub $1000 budget on my first audio system. It started when I was looking to upgrade my HT system from a cheap Onkyo reciever and Cd changer to an older Carver amp/preamp combo. I had $600 and a few parts to sell to get the starting budget to about $1000.
Long story short I spent months buying "value used components" but never getting the last piece to be able to listen to music.
I went from Adcom, to JBL Synthesis, to NAD and ended up finding an Odyssey amp that has made me very happy. The Adcom processor, JBL processor, led to a Passive Odyssey preamp. And my Polk audio LS 50 were sold to make room for Vandersteen 1B, sold to make room for DCM TF400, that are going to be leaving soon to make room for Chapman T-7 speakers.
I have a cheap Pioneer DV-578A SACD/DVD player model and a Denon DCD 3250 cd player and some garbage ICs. I have Impact Accoustics sonic wave speaker wire and ICs.

The question is: What would you do next?

I know that there are tons of "tweaks" that can make this sound better for a few bucks. I have read about small little boxes that help the cd sound. I wanted a tuved cd, but could never find one in my range.

At this point I will keep looking for the "right speaker" and a Odyssey Stratos Extreem Amp and eventually a better preamp. But I would like to tinker with what I have without making any huge changes.

Any and all help welcomed.
brownsanandy

Showing 1 response by bignerd100

1)Find speakers you want to keep for a long time (they dictate everything else).
2)Find pre/power amp (integrated) that compliments the speakers.
3)Find source that works well with 1&2.
4)Buy some new CD's.
5)Move speakers all around creation to find where they sound the best in your home.
72)Visit Europe.
152)Retire.
397)Buy really expensive wire to connect your 1/4 million dollar system together.

Good luck!