New to digital audio

Hi I'm new to the digital side of audio. I have imported all my cd's onto a older laptop. I then load all the songs on my IPOD. I have a great 2 channel system and currently use a audioengine bluetooth receiver plugged into my preamp to play my ipod thru  my system. Is there a way to improve my sound doing this ? I'm really into music - but in all the reading I do about digital I find it totally confusing ie: bit rates, jitter, etc. FYI - for this system - I use a Emotiva XD-1, a Parasound HCA MK1200 II amp and a new pair of the Polk Audio LSIm 705's Thanks, Bob
bobd207s

Showing 2 responses by bobd207s

do you have good WiFi? Or do you need BT?
I think the WiFi is good where we are . I thought I needed the AE BT Receiver in order to hear the music from my IPOD ? TBH I think the IPOD is the weak link - every so often I get a sharp pop sound - at first I worried it was something else but I have used the IPOD in other places to listen and it does some quirky stuff. As far as budget I really don't know what a streamer is ? The Emotiva is a DAC but is older  - I picked it up used so I could also use it as a preamp. Any help is appreciated !!
I'm using the IPOD because it is what I owned when I put this system together last year. I know it's not a great source so now I am trying to figure out how to replace it in my system and find what's the best way to listen to my music. 
I'll make sure to use a direct connection .
I have a PC for a laptop.
Like I said initially above - I've done lots of reading about this but for this 70 year old retiree technology can be very confusing. 
Hadn't considered Tidal or any other service like that because I'm happy with all the music I own.
This system is in our winter home in FL - my cd collection in NH is too big to take back and forth so looking for the best way to listen to my cd's